When Did This Happen?????

Started by sixdogsmom, September 03, 2008, 05:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

When did they name America The Beautiful as the National Anthem? It was sung in place of The Star Spangled Banner tonight when the colors were presented at the Republican Convention. It was announced that the people should stand for the Pledge Of Allegiance and The National Anthem. I kept waiting for the National Anthem to be sung or played, but the colors were retired, and it did not happen. Apparently some folks knew the difference as there was a great deal of murmuring on the floor, but everyone sat down.  :o :o :o :o :o
Edie

dnalexander

SDM, we may disagree on some things, but I appreciate your sticking to your beliefs and posting in a "hostile" environment. Often I think people miss your good arguements because they disagree with your statements. I think we all want the same things we just disagree on the route to get there.

David

Teresa

Quote from: sixdogsmom on September 03, 2008, 05:45:25 PM
When did they name America The Beautiful as the National Anthem? It was sung in place of The Star Spangled Banner tonight when the colors were presented at the Republican Convention.

I noticed that too.. and I didn't like it! >:(
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

W. Gray

I hope they end the convention with Stars and Stripes Forever.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk