LAST LAUGH

Started by Wilma, September 02, 2008, 03:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I feel good this evening.  Daughter and I got the last laugh today.  As we were approaching Leon from the west, she slowed down to the speed limit at Leon.  Just as we entered the speed zone, a small car whipped around us and continued on down the highway.  An instant later, I saw flashing lights just off the road, then a cop car pulled up onto the highway and gave chase.  :police:   We stayed behind them until the little car pulled over and stopped and we tried very hard not to laugh as we went by. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bonnie M.

I love it when that happens!  I'm just glad that I was the one that was going the speed limit.  As we were traveling across country this summer, there were two or three instances where this same thing happened, and you're right, it does put a smile on your face!
Bonnie

Rudy Taylor

Aren't we all terrible!

I've had that same experience, and yes, I loved every minute of it.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Teresa

That's terrible.

I always flash my lights and warn those ahead to slow down if there is a check point.  I don't like to see anyone get a speeding ticket.
And I am sure not happy to see someone get pulled over.
I think that is kinda mean to be happy about someone else's misfortune.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Flintauqua

Not when the other person has the attitude that they are more important than you.  Case in point, and pertaining to this thread:

The year I lived in Dallas, I learned very quickly not to drive in the inside or outside lanes of a major freeway.  Why?  Because the ones that thought their time was so more important than that of the rest of us stuck in traffic would decide that the 8 ft between the inside lane and the median concrete barrier was there for their personal use.  They would come barrelling down doing 50-60 miles an hour when the rest of us were doing 10-20, and take off three or four mirrors per quarter mile.  Same thing on the shoulders.  So no I do not feel I was being mean when I laughed and laughed when they would occasionally get caught.

Teresa

Well that is a bit different.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

We have seen some near accidents on 400 because of people that can't stay in line until it is safe to pass.  We have nearly been run off the road and a car ahead of us was run off the road one day.  I am going to laugh every time I see someone not using common sense, breaking the law and then get caught.

Chelle

Leon uses that speed limit as a way to catch many unsuspecting people.  My son was at a friends house in Leon and an off duty officer saw that his pickup tag expired in December.  He radio'd the officer that was on the hyway.  Before Ty got out of town the cop had the ticket already written out without looking at his registration that showed that Ty had a farm tag that did not actually expire until the middle of February.  My husband and I drove all the way back to Leon and the police officer told us that WE would have to take off from work to explain his mistake and to get out of paying an 80.00 ticket.  We finally had him call his boss and Ty's ticket was dissolved but beware of the Leon cops, they are out to get you for any minor offense.

flo

then again, I came through Leon about 1:00 in the morning some years ago and I was doing no less than 90+ mph.  My grandson had been in an accident and lifewatched to Wesley Hospital.  I had Josh's step-father with me.  Yes, I seen the flashing lights.  By the time he got to my car window I had my license out, explained why I was speeding, asked him to please hurry with the ticket.  He came back to my car, handed me my license, said he hoped my grandson would be okay and to drive cautiously.  NO TICKET WAS GIVEN.  This grandson was Pam's oldest son.  Their speed zone is no different than Howard's 45 mph out here on 99.  If I am speeding under normal circumstances, then I deserve a ticket, and might add I have only had one ticket in my life and that was during the transition from 72 to 55.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk