Prairie Star

Started by W. Gray, September 02, 2008, 08:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy Taylor

...does Johnny Daniels play a mean fiddle?
::)
It truly is "a wonderful life."

larryJ

That's Charlie Daniels, Rudy, Charlie Daniels and------------------yes---

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Rudy Taylor

Actually, it's both Charlie and Johnny.

Most Geico commercials have used the name "Johnny Daniels" then in the past two weeks some of the commercials have been switched to Charlie who is so much better known. It both cases, it's Charlie who is shown doing the musical sawing.

But the announcer definitely used the name "Johnny Daniels" in the first round of TV commercials. On Feb. 19 the commercials were redone and he used the name "Charlie Daniels."  I've only seen them on uTube  because the Johnny Daniels version is still running here.

Here's where it gets confusing: Johnny Daniels is also a well-known fiddler in Nashville, but he's obviously a Charlie Daniels wanta-be.

Chee! I do believe the Geico lizard makes more sense.

???   ???

larryJ

I stand corrected.  As far as I know, the commercials out here have always been "Charlie Daniels" or maybe I really wasn't listening and just assumed he said Charlie, because I know about Charlie.  However, I didn't know about Johnny Daniels.  Thanks for giving me my "new thing to be learned today" fact.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Rudy Taylor

Here's some pretty good discussion on the controversy. But one thing for sure: the guy doing the fiddle playing is the one and only Charlie Daniels.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/tunein/2009/12/28/charlie-daniels-teams-with-geico-for-ad-spot/

jarhead

Give me enough Jack Daniels and I will "fiddle" too !!!

Rudy Taylor

I'm wondering if that wasn't the problem here anyway ... the announcer sipped too much bourbon before making that commercial.
Johnny ... Charlie ... it'chh just alll the shame.

Teresa

Yeah I get stuff like that mixed up all the time.. Rudy.. Trudy.. Judy... I just figure that all 3 are real "girly" and stuff so why worry about it..  ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Rudy Taylor

OK, that did it.  I ask you, forum friends ... will we allow this shyster shooter from Elk County to tackle the unblemished reputation of a newspaper man of fine repute?

Diane Amberg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk