Sarah Palin

Started by Diane Amberg, August 29, 2008, 08:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

Sarah Palin seems no better or worse to me than any other politician, but..........McCain is 72 years old, a cancer survivor, like it or not he could kick any time. Is she really ready to be PRESIDENT? If Obama kicks Biden at least knows what he's doin...........if Obama gets elected he's gonna do some things I'm not gonna like....................If McCain gets elected he's goin to do some things I won't agree with. Hell, George still has time for a catastrophe so he use his presidential directive and cancel the election because of national emergency, take over and make this all a moot question!
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

sixdogsmom

Oh NOZ!!! Pam, say it isn't so!  :-\ :-\
Edie

pam

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

sixdogsmom

An extended Dubya term!  ;)
Edie

pam

Lol, yeah there is a provision in the patriot act for that in case of national emergency. Wouldn't THAT be great :P You can read the whole thing at the homeland security site.

NATIONAL SECURITY PRESIDENTIAL DIRECTIVE/NSPD 51

HOMELAND SECURITY PRESIDENTIAL DIRECTIVE/HSPD-20

Subject: National Continuity Policy

Purpose

(1) This directive establishes a comprehensive national policy on the continuity of Federal Government structures and operations and a single National Continuity Coordinator responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of Federal continuity policies. This policy establishes "National Essential Functions," prescribes continuity requirements for all executive departments and agencies, and provides guidance for State, local, territorial, and tribal governments, and private sector organizations in order to ensure a comprehensive and integrated national continuity program that will enhance the credibility of our national security posture and enable a more rapid and effective response to and recovery from a national emergency.

Definitions

(2) In this directive:

(a) "Category" refers to the categories of executive departments and agencies listed in Annex A to this directive;

(b) "Catastrophic Emergency" means any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions;

William Butler Yeats

dnalexander

For those interested in knowing more about Sarah Palin here is a link to the first chapter of a book written about her.

(How a Hockey Mom
Turned Alaska's Political
Establishment Upside Down
by Kaylene Johnson)

http://www.epicenterpress.com/pdf/firstchapter.pdf

David

okiemon

As far as I'm concerned we haven't had a decent foreign policy since Reagan, so I don't see where experience has done much good. She surely couldn't be any worse then our last 3 presidents. I haven't heard or read much about Sarah Palin but so far this 'cutest little trick in shoeleather' seems to have her "big girl panties" on.

srkruzich

Well when faced with a communist/obama party taking control, or with the possiblity of a soccer mom taking over,
i'll take my chances with the soccer mom.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

pepelect

You should always wear your big girl panties.   From where she lives they are probably red long handles with footies.   I don't think we need to worry about experience with the second half of the ticket since we have that covered primarily.

dnalexander

I am sorry so many of you feel that you are not capable of being President of the United States. I for one am not happy with the last 30 years of career politicians. From what I know of myself and the people on this forum (and elsewhere) we are capable of leading the country. If we had the information that politicians do and didn't  have to sell our soul to get elected, I know many people that could set this country straight. Off my soapbox.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk