Sarah Palin

Started by Diane Amberg, August 29, 2008, 08:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

So now you know....That's a very interesting choice by McCain.

frawin

Interesting choice, it will be interesting to see, over the next few weeks, what the voters take is on that choice. She is probably further to the right, and more conservative, than McCain is.

Teresa

And one smart cookie she is. :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

I suspect Teresa is putting signs in her yard right now. Sarah is very conservative and being from Alaska, you just know she is pro guns and pro hunting. Everybody up there is into hunting and fishing as many still live on what they hunt or catch. This will be fun to watch! :laugh:

Teresa

:) No I don't put signs up..
But I am pleased about the pick.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

dnalexander

Quite an interesting choice. I like Sarah Palin very much. She will play well to independents, and many of the Hillary supporters. Her life story is very typical of Alaska and will play well to many Americans. My friends in Alaska love her. She is big on governmental reform and cleaned up much of the political shenanigans that go on in Alaska. At one time she had a 90% approval rating, highest of any politician in the U.S. (Last I heard it was down to 80%). A great choice for all my old High School friends that still live in Alaska. It also speaks well to us getting a handle on the energy crisis. Here is a tape of her when she was on Charlie Rose, I think most people will find her interview very interesting.

http://www.charlierose.com/shows/2007/10/12/2/a-conversation-with-governors-janet-napolitano-sarah-palin

David

frawin

Palin is an avid Hunter and sportsman, a lifetime member of the NRA, I  would say that she will bring the gun owners over to the Republican side but they were aleready going to vote overwhelmingly for McCain. The Democratic Ticket is definitely anti-gun and with the liberals in control of both houses, the gun owners will be out in force for the Republicans. Howard Kansas has a history with politicains in Alaska, the first attorney general of Alaska was from Howard, John Rader. John and his brother Bill, a Psychiatrist, both went to Alaska as young men and both had distinguished careers in their field.

pam

Intelligent  choice  :)
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

patyrn

What a breath of fresh air to this campaign!!!  I had never heard of Sarah Palin before, but she is VERY impressive behind the podium and should bring alot of interest to this race.   It should be fun................

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk