First View

Started by Mike, July 21, 2006, 06:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I have been working on the Mustang aircraft for Cessna for over a year now.  I have been taking turns with other employees being shuttled to Independence to work on the Mustang production line doing Manufacturing Engineering Support for the last 3 months.  We have been taking 2 week shifts.  We get on a 208 Carvan in the morning and fly to Independence and work the day there and then in the evening get back on the 208 Carvan and  fly home.

Anyway, it is the first time I have got to see where I grew up from the air.  There are a lot more ponds, watersheds, etc than I thought.  It is a pretty county even from 5,000 - 10,000 feet.  I have crossed the county in a CJ2 jet, going from Wichita to Independence, a couple of times; but, it is harder to make things out on the ground at 15,000 ft.

Elk county is a pretty county from the air.  I just wish Cessna would let us take a camera on the flights so I could take some pictures.

Mike

Oops, what a mistake.  I guess, I should not have misspelled Caravan as Carvan......since, I worked on that line for 3 years.  Oh well, my spelling has never been that good.   :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk