Rural Water

Started by Chelle, August 23, 2008, 03:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepelect

Quote from: Teresa on August 23, 2008, 10:17:02 PM

Don't we have an automated water plant?    What part of automated means brown water that tastes like fish crap?

Did we run out of anhydrous?  Scale back on the internet and consentrate on the h20, KEVIN.     

Clean the filters once in a while.  Yes the lake turns every three months.  Just look at the log of the thermometer it will tell you when.

When are the high service pumps going to be pulled out and serviced?   Is it still too cold to do that?   What are we waiting for another big fire?

Shouldn't we be thinking about building a new water tower before the old one fails a test?   It would be easier to pay for one over the longest period of time than to hike the water bills as we have done with gas.   You infrastructure is your input costs if you own the system.  Should we be building a new lake?  How far in to the future do you suppose the WPA water plan looked?   

pepelect

0  Chlorine is a KDHE problem.

Howard water plant is automated.   If you put chemical in the chemical tanks and calibrate the injector pumps why doesn't the plant work?

Are we letting the water tower drain down every night?

Do the filters need cleaned more often than the are?

Should we upgrade to a better type of plant?

IF and when you get the rural water pumping out of the clear well the water quality needs to be top notch.  If you put dirty water in the piping system you get dirty water out.   

But of course a Class I operator knows all this........

heather_tyler_2014

wow and i thought you graduated  from west elk  :o just kidding
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

lola330

Quote from: pepelect on August 24, 2008, 10:51:55 AM

Scale back on the internet and consentrate on the h20, KEVIN.    

Whoa!  I've heard that internet thing before.  Maybe he's looking online for information on how to run a water plant.    :laugh:

Devyn-Leann

I live north of Howard on the west side of the highway and I have wonderful water.  ;D It's rural water from the tower north of Severy. When we lived east of Howard we had an artisan well, no rural water. But when we moved - 3 years ago...they were trying to get rural water to that part of the country.

I completely agree with your opinions of the Howard city water, its disgusting. I wouldn't bathe my child in it or wash my dishes with it.

Jody

IS YOUR WATER PROBLEM CAUSED BY THE MOSS IN THE LAKE TURNING OVER?

Teresa

No.. We have had lots of rain.. and the lake is full and rivers are running.

I have lived here all my life and I have witnessed  the lake when it turns over.. drank the water from it.. took baths in it..and this ISN'T from the lake turning over.

And I have not changed the type of chlorine tablets I use for my hot tub..( I use Bromine)  nor have I changed the type of detergent or clorox or borax that I use when I do laundry. Had to TRY to rewash a load of whites today that literally looked like I had mixed up a pot of leftover coffee in the rinse water.

My patience on this is done and my "give a damn" on who likes it is gone!
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Tobina+1

I'm all confused.  I thought that Elk county has rural water in the Northern part of the county?  Someone said it goes as far as Griesels (or somewhere up there, as Devyn has confirmed she has it)?  So, why wouldn't Severy be on it, too?

flo

Severy "rural" is on rural water, Severy "city" has their own water system from the Severy Lake.  They have asked to get their city water supply from rural water, the study has been done, I do not know where that situation is right now.  I say the rural residents have rural water, however I didn't.  I lived east of Severy on the lake road and everyone, I think, that lived on that road had city water. 
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

pepelect

What ever happened to the idea that there should be a whole sale water district?  It was to be comprised of all the area communities and existing water districts.  The beauty of the system is that every gallon of water that was pumped through a water meter was a dollar of water district income.  Not for each individual community but the district as a whole.  You could have multiple sources in case one source or pumping system was down there would be redundant backups.   You could treat at each city if needed but the water could be coming from the farthest point in the system.

Ideally it would be from a larger source than the existing lakes and river.   That way one central water plant could through economies of scale produce water at a cheaper rate.  One plant would be easier to keep up that several.  State and fed guidelines would be easier to keep up with if you had more resources to draw from.   One continuously operating plant would be easier to operate if it never shut down.  You lose a lot of the chemical process just starting up and shutting down as water needs ebb and flow. 

If you sourced water at the highest point in the area gravity would be on you side to get it flowing to the lower portions.

Why won't Greenwood, Wilson, Butler county sell us water?  Greenwood picks and choosed where its district is.  If you have water and the is a need for it why don't you provide it. 

I think the two communities that have the biggest water problem is Severy and Longton.  Both have source issues.  Both are very close to a rural water system.   If we could provide interconnect between the districts and communities then we could all share the costs and lessen the burden on those who have none.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk