Obama/Biden

Started by flo, August 23, 2008, 01:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanCookson

Quote from: Warph on August 24, 2008, 02:33:03 AM
Minutes after he was chosen as Barack Obama's vice-presidential pick, Sen. Joseph Biden (D-Del) revealed that he has begun writing a 50,000-word acceptance speech, aides to the senator confirmed today.

The address, which Mr. Biden has been working on around the clock, is an abridged version of a 200,000-word acceptance speech that Mr. Biden wrote when he ran for President in 1988.

According to those familiar with the speech, the Delaware senator will begin delivering the speech on Wednesday night of the Democratic convention and conclude it on Thursday night.

Representatives of television news divisions said they were undecided as to how to cover the Biden speech, but none were willing to commit to covering the speech live in its entirety.  "We may wind up airing some of it on CNBC or maybe the USA Network, and then cut away to something else," said Carol Foyler on NBC News.  "We're basically going to treat it like the hammer throw."

Mr. Biden, who was accused of plagiarizing a speech by a British politician when he ran for President in 1988, is unlikely to get caught doing that this time, according to one aide: "If there are some plagiarized bits in this speech, he'll stick them at the end after the audience has lost consciousness."  ;) ;) ;) :laugh:

Why would someone who has ran for president as many times as Biden and never gotten even 1% of the vote write a 200,000 word acceptance speech????  ??? Boredom

flo

and there you have it in a nutshell.  The "media" is dictating to us who we are to vote for.  Known fact, the media can cause any candidate to win or lose because they will only let you hear what they want you to hear.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Warph

Quote from: flo on August 24, 2008, 09:27:28 AM
Warph, I have a question, if you don't mind my askin? Are you serious about what you post on here, or are you just sitting back grinnin to yourself everytime you sit and think about what will upset the democrats and then start peckin out your post?

Hmmmmm..... you think?   ;)
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

W. Gray

I started watching conventions in 1952 when I saw both the Stevenson and Eisenhower acceptance speeches. I did not have a clue what was going on but I watched anyway.

One of the enjoyments I have received from the conventions then, and since then, whether Democrat or Republican, came immediately after the presidential candidate proclaimed, "I accept."

That enjoyment was watching the balloons and confetti coming down while a boisterous crowd reacted to a brass band playing "Stars and Stripes Forever" at full decibels.

Last night there was fireworks, streamers, and confetti, but no "Stars and Stripes Forever."

I would not suggest there is any meaning by this omission, but I am hoping the Republicans will get that heart pounding gesture back on track next week.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk