What's on your grocery list?

Started by Tobina+1, August 14, 2008, 11:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Joanna on August 15, 2008, 10:10:14 PM
Wow!  Srkruzich, you sound busier than anyone I know!  You should be an inspiration to us all to get back to basics, but I find myself exhausted even thinking about all that you must do in a day.  I mean, I 'get' making your own bread, but grinding your own flour!?!  That's impressive
Its not that time consuming!  You grind it before you use it.  Keep the wheat in its own natural storage containers and i can store the wheat in 2 liter bottles indefinately if i use a piece of dry ice in the top as i cap it down. 
But it only takes about 5 - 10 min to grind up the wheat with a hand crank grinder.

QuoteI hope that if someone gets a place started where they could hold classes (like I've been told the Extension office used to) that maybe you could give a seminar on making your own cheese.  That is really something I'd like to learn! 
Well i am no expert on it.  Mozzerella is pretty easy if you don't mess up on the amount of acetic acid i think is what we use and overheat it. Cheddar though i want to make, just hvaen't been able to do it yet

Quote[If the Extension office still does do classes; well, they need to promote/advertise it 'cause I never hear about anything... Okay, I don't get in there much, but I read the paper from front to back most weeks and don't hear about anything like that]
True, thats one of the functions i got used to back in Georgia. I could go in for classes on just about anything. 

QuoteBTW, what's "cabrielle"?
Goat meat :D

QuoteBACK TO THE TOPIC! (sorry Tobina, for the lapse :-[)
   DEAN's Guacamole (I need a brand that's nut free for my DIL's allergie issues)
   Jim Beam... Oh shoot!  Guess it's been a really long week! :laugh:
:D  Now that would be a sales booster ;)
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Bonnie M.

Responding to Julie's post:
Julie, the people in Howard and the surrounding area are very fortunate to have someone as accomodating as you are.  The Forum has provided an excellent opportunity for all of you, to "communicate" what you would like to have available.  I think it was Danny Cookson (? ? ?) who reminded everyone of how much local businesses do to support your local activities!  And, as Julie stated, the taxes that are paid to the City/County from the sales at the local businesses are what keeps the economy going.  So, I am just writing from the view of someone who no longer lives in the area, but I do care about what happens there, and, you are all so very lucky to have a local grocery store, Pharmacy, Hardware Store, and all of the other local businesses!  Again, I would say........"Support your local businesses!"
Bonnie

Warph

Quote from: Tobina on August 14, 2008, 11:41:44 AM
OK, since we have PEP's undivided attention (as well as his "keeper" who lurks on here to keep track of him)...
I thought I'd like to start a thread about what's on my grocery list that I cannot get at Family Market and must go to the dreaded W* store to purchase (or Dillons)...  Maybe the powers-that-be might take these items into account (within reason) as they expand the Family Market dynasty.

Silk Chocolate Milk (the big one)
Lactaid Milk 1%
Hamburger and Hotdog buns other than just Thursdays
Frozen yogurt ice cream (or put this in the soda fountain/ice cream shoppe)
Baked Lays (BBQ)
Vanilla coffee creamer - liquid - Coffee Mate, Fat Free

Me.... I hop on over to Sun City to Trader Joe's (the best grocery store on the planet) twice a month to do my shopping. 
My grocery list as follows:
ground turkey
gound pork
(don't eat red meat if I can help it)
pinto beans
(for my famous chili)
greek yogurt (thick)
cream cheese
goat cheese
Milk, gal. 1%
dried pumpkin seeds
low sod. almonds
dried cranberrys
pine nuts
pkg large shrimp
Salmon, wild
Cod, Icelandic
6pack rogue dead guy ale
6pack stella artois beer
pkg. romine
2 pkg. baby lettuce
olive oil (extra virgin)
soy crackers
stevia
lemon curd
bananas
fugi apples
blueberries (for
my protein shakes)
broccoli
zucchini

Then... from T.Joes to Bashas' in Sun City West for my Peets coffee (bkft.blend) and 4 bear claws...  by this time my butts dragging and can't wait to get home and drink a cool one.

http://www.traderjoes.com/
http://www.trackingtraderjoes.com/
http://www.traderjoesfan.com/magazine/
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Rudy Taylor

Every town in our area, even Independence, would die to have a store so nice, complete and professionally staffed as Batson's Drug and the Family Market. Jenny (editor and manager of the Flint Hills Express) and I walked through the store two weeks and she expressed elation at what she saw.  She lives in Independence and they have nothing like it.

Just seeing how Julie responded to requests should make everyone do all their shopping there.  She will tailor the store for you, folks! How dare anybody drive 50 to 60 miles away so you can save a few dollars at Wal-Mart!

Hey, I'm also glad to see some red blooded intelligence emerging from the Perkins' computer. We were beginning to think pepelect's computer was a smart aleck. Now we know it's just the person moving the mouse and pounding the keys.

Welcome aboard, Julie.

Make pepelect get his own computer. That one is giving you a bad rap.

It truly is "a wonderful life."

flo

Devyn, speaking of decorating . . . I collect angels and have so many that I have dropped down to "Prayers and Promises" only.  I was given money for my birthday to buy my choice (Batson's has quite a selection) and wanted two (well, actually all of them) but  finally decided on one.  (The one I had my eye on for months was gone.  :'()  Couple days later went back and bought the "Slow Down" for my own gift to me.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

greatguns

One of the best things they have are gift certificates.  I bought one for my Aunt that just turned 90 and lilves in Howard.  She was thrilled.  The neat part was she bought groceries that she wanted and doesn't often buy.  Easy for me and wonderful for her.

flo

That was a great gift and sure she appreciated it.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

W. Gray

A bobby soxer called a date a pine float because that is what she got: a pine float instead of a coke or, hopefully, a banana split.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Ms Bear

A pine float was a coke and a toothpick.  Wow, my memory still works.

Wilma

It used to be a glass of water and a toothpick.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk