What's on your grocery list?

Started by Tobina+1, August 14, 2008, 11:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

Quote from: sixdogsmom on August 17, 2008, 08:42:01 PM
Flo, who you callin' a cheap date?  ;D ;D

I had the cheapest of the cheap once, but he might be reading this so won't mention any names. ::)
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

flo

Angie, if Julie put in a clothing section, where would all these extra grocery lines go?  Most definately if she tried to carry clothes and shoes for everyone, all the different styles and sizes of both, she'd have to close out the grocery and pharmacy.  Perhaps the new owners of the bank building could fix it to be a mini-mall and have some "boutiques" that would carry something along this line.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Devyn-Leann

From past experience from WalMart ground beef...I think it's digusting. Entirely too greasy for me.  We have the home-raised stuff and sometimes we run out. The lean ground beef at Family Market is delicious, little to no grease. And some of the packages of beef at WalMart aren't wrapped in the clear wrap. I like to look at the quality of meat when I buy it.

And I forgot to mention it yesterday when I was in the store, but.....Could you please...PLEASE...Order me some bubbles for bubble baths. I buy the gallon jugs at WalMart and have to stock up when I'm there. Lane refuses to take a bath if there aren't any bubbles in it. Any flavor will do....It doesn't matter to him.

heather_tyler_2014

im thinking that kayla's the same way devyn she love's her bubble's lol my mother put bubble's in the tub once and she was hooked lol
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

pam

I'm with Devynn on Walmarts meat. Walmart is about the closest store to me and I won't buy my meat there. It's usually tough and pumped full of so much water to make it weigh more that you end up with about half of what you started with! I go to the local store on into town to buy most of my groceries, what I can't afford there I get at the dollar store! A lot of the time I can totally avoid walmart except for like skr I get my medicine there cause it's on the four dollar list otherwise it's about a hundred bucks for a month:P for just one of em.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

srkruzich

Quote from: angtown3 on August 19, 2008, 06:35:44 AM

I have to ask you have you checked to see what Julie can get it for you at.  I used to think that was the way to go.  I had a medicine that was 4.00 at Wal-Mart and did get it there for a while.  It is only 13.00 or 14.00 here at Batson's.  Now that is only 10.00 more.  I couldn't drive to the closest Wal-Mart for that.  Do you figure the amount of gas that you spend doing this??
yeah i do. its liike 12 bucks for gas. 

QuoteI have to also say, I can bring all my kids to the store without getting strange looks from people.  They will even help to entertain them if they aren't busy.  This is worth a million dollars to me!!!  I have to sometimes take the daycare kids with me to get things and the people at Batson's or Family Market are very nice and really it is much more fun than any Wal-Mart outting!!!
LOL well mine are grown. BUt i hear ya on releasing my yardapes when they were at home.

QuoteBut this is about a Wish List- what about the other things that haven't been mentioned.  The clothing, shoes, and such.  I would love for Julie to carry these kinds of stuff, then when we went out of town, we could actually enjoy are selves and even take in a movie or a park with the kids.  Instead, when we go out of town its to buy that sort of thing.  That's why we had to go to the big W last weekend.  Didn't want to, but no where in town to buy that sort of stuff!!
YOu konw i do go there when i need one or two items. Not saying i don't go to family market and I go when i have to have a prescription like i needed back in february when i got so sick.  But i generally wait on things until i can go to the lowest price i can get.  lord i haven't gone to a movie in years.  Can't afford them :(
Back in dahlonega where i moved here from they had the Holly theater.  It was built in the 1930's i think.  Anyway you could take a family of 6 there and get popcorn and drinks for less than 20 bucks.  2 bucks for adult tickets 1 buck for kids and a buck for popcorn and a buck for cokes.
They ran first run movies there all the time :) as well as held plays there.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: pam on August 19, 2008, 11:49:04 AM
I'm with Devynn on Walmarts meat. Walmart is about the closest store to me and I won't buy my meat there. It's usually tough and pumped full of so much water to make it weigh more that you end up with about half of what you started with! I go to the local store on into town to buy most of my groceries, what I can't afford there I get at the dollar store! A lot of the time I can totally avoid walmart except for like skr I get my medicine there cause it's on the four dollar list otherwise it's about a hundred bucks for a month:P for just one of em.

Oh lord i can't get all my meds that i am supposed to take. two of them are 300+ dollars for a 30 day supply. I just do without. :(

greatguns

Are you real sure Walmart's is really beef?  I would not get my rx at Walmart if they were free.  I found out unless you know that pill in the bottle is what the label says it is, you can step into deep doo doo getting them filled at Walmart.  I will pay the price for a good RPH.

Wilma

I have prescription insurance that takes care of everything along with my co-pay.  My co-pay and premium per month isn't much more than a trip to Wal-mart.  My meds would cost about $400.00 a month without the insurance.  I am way ahead of my medical insurance companies.  There is no way that I could have paid for the heart surgery, hospital stays, eye surgery, ankle surgery, doctor visits and prescriptions without the insurance and that is in just the last 6 years.  I moved my prescriptions to Batson's before I moved myself.  I didn't want to have to wait for a trip to Wal-mart to get a prescription filled when I needed it.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on August 19, 2008, 03:37:18 PM
I have prescription insurance that takes care of everything along with my co-pay.  My co-pay and premium per month isn't much more than a trip to Wal-mart.  My meds would cost about $400.00 a month without the insurance.  I am way ahead of my medical insurance companies.  There is no way that I could have paid for the heart surgery, hospital stays, eye surgery, ankle surgery, doctor visits and prescriptions without the insurance and that is in just the last 6 years.  I moved my prescriptions to Batson's before I moved myself.  I didn't want to have to wait for a trip to Wal-mart to get a prescription filled when I needed it.
I hear ya on that. Unfortunately my medicare doesn't cover all mine. :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk