Olympics 2008 Highlights

Started by dnalexander, August 09, 2008, 04:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

Tobina,
I think the BMX got rained out.........If I remember right they plan on running it today if rain stopped.
Hate to say this, but after all this time of watching the games each and every night, I am ready for something else.

I am very proud to be an American and of what each and every American has done.
Whether it is gold or silver or bronze,, or just the fact they got to participate.........it has been
a good show.

I was so afraid that something bad would happen ( I know it isn't over, yet) but attitude seems to be so good......I am just so proud....
God bless America and all who are part of this.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Tobina+1

Judy; I know.  I get tired of the same "popular" sports.  I'd like to see coverage of some of the other ones, too.  Even just to learn more about them.  And even if the US isn't in the top.

Maybe I'm just a softie, but it's hard not to get stirred up when they play the National Anthem and you see the look on the gold medalist faces.

DanCookson

It is so hard to imagine working so long for such a goal.  I cannot imagine the disappointment of the American hurdler that hit the next to last hurdle while in the lead for the gold.  When I played sports there was always next week, next season, etc.... But for these people it like a one time shot.  Very difficult to handle the emotional side, both high and low!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk