Olympics 2008 Highlights

Started by dnalexander, August 09, 2008, 04:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatguns

When Phelps got his medal they quit playing the National Anthem before they got to the end of it.

dnalexander

dnalexander

Day 3 of the Olympics features another gold-medal attempt from Michael Phelps. This one comes in an event he set a new world record in last year, the 200-meter freestyle, and one he won bronze in at the Athens games. And a pair of Americans, Natalie Coughlin and Aaron Peirsol, are the favorites in the 100-meter backstroke finals. Also, the men's team final in gymnastics concludes, and volleyball legends Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh are in action.

Lookatmeknow!!

Ok, I just love to watch Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh play sand volleyball.  But I have a question, what is on Kerri Walsh's shoulder, the black stuff?  Is it a tattoo or what??
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

W. Gray

This is a quote from a web site:

Many thought that Kerry Walsh carries a tattoo on her shoulder, but it's not. Kerry Walsh has, what is called a Kinesio Tape. The taping is done to increase blood flow through the muscles.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

heather_tyler_2014

i know it was a wierd looking tape and theyt were saying something about it being in her head like it she thinks it helps her or something ??? i dont know .... but um did you hear she lost her wedding band that was crazy ordeal i guess ???  :o
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

sixdogsmom

Heather, I think that volunteers combed the sand and found her ring. She was so happy to have it returned! These are indeed some great olympics!  ;) ;)
Edie

Lookatmeknow!!

I saw the clip when the volunteer returned her wedding ring.  She thanked him, and gave him some things with autographs on them.  She made the comment that her husband would stay married to her now.  I thought that was funny!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Diane Amberg

Kerry had surgery on that shoulder and the tape is to help support it a little extra..She said her head thinks it helps, so she doesn't worry about it.

Tobina+1

Funny... I thought it was her ENGAGMENT ring, and she said her fiance would STILL marry her now!   ;D  I'm surprised she actually played with it on, though.  After that, she had it taped up on her finger.  Hey, everyone has their "superstitions"... even some of the local HS girls won't wash their socks after a win! 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk