Sheriff

Started by W. Gray, August 07, 2008, 01:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Speaking of sheriffs.

Does anyone know if the Elk County sheriff has an under sheriff? (Howard County did)

When there was an under sheriff, the sheriff was commonly referred to as the high sheriff.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Bette

Elk County's current Undersheriff is Dan Ferguson. The term High Sheriff is no longer in use. It is now just the Sheriff and Undersheriff. 
The test of a man's character is not what he does in public but what he does when no one is looking.-author unknown
My job is to be the best me that I can be for myself and the glory of God.
-M. Scott Peck

W. Gray

Thanks, I knew someone would have an answer.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Bette

Your welcome. Since the race for the republican nomination for sheriff began I have been inundated with alot of questions. I am becoming really good at finding answers for people. At least this was an easy question! LOL. I have to give credit to all the people who have run or are running for public office. Campaigning is really really hard! The best part about it though is you get to meet alot of people you might never have met otherwise. Well that and getting the results of a win!   ;D
The test of a man's character is not what he does in public but what he does when no one is looking.-author unknown
My job is to be the best me that I can be for myself and the glory of God.
-M. Scott Peck

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk