Howard Grace Lawn Cemetery

Started by W. Gray, August 04, 2008, 07:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

http://ksgennet.org/ks/ek/cem/gracendx.html

I do not remember discussion on the subject but a listing of graves in the Howard cemetery is now on the web.

It appears to be rather up to date.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

patyrn

Thanks for the information, Waldo.  I have also posted that address on the Genealogy thread.

Marcia Moore

I am so happy Don and Lois Morgan of Howard went to all the work of documenting all the names, dates, and other information on the gravestones at Grace Lawn Cemetery and placing the listings on the internet.  They did a wonderful job, even taking pictures of every tombstone there.  They should be commended for their efforts.  I am very appreciative, and am sure their work will help many while doing genealogical research.  Lois is a very serious Elk County researcher who has helped me many times with my projects.   

L Hendricks

WOW - that is incredible - my mom would have loved that - she was such a genealogy nut.... Sure will make family research easier for future generations...

larryJ

I wanted to add my thanks.  Those people went to a lot of work to make this available for everyone.  I probably have taken or have pictures of my relatives buried there, but it is nice to be able to look at a website and see the stones.  So, again my thanks.  Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Buddyboy

I'll add my thanks too. I have been trying to find my aunt and uncle's stone, John and Evelyn Grant. I went to the cemetery, looked at the book and was unable to locate it. Here I find it and in the comfort of my air conditioned home. Modern genealogy is so neat!

Scotty

Jody

Add my thanks!  I have made copies
for my records!

Teresa

That is just wonderful.. Thanks and much appreciation for all their hard work to Don & Lois Morgan.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

My oldest niece will be pleased. She wanted information on the location of the family graves. Now I can send her right to that site. Many many thanks to Don and Lois Morgan for their hours of hard work.

Ding-Dong

Hello, Forum Members!

We just wanted to say that we appreciate all the positive postings and feedback in regards to the efforts we've made to get the Grace Lawn inscriptions online............BUT we feel the real "thanks" should go to Don Tharp who has made this project possible.  If not for him, there would be no online records.  Mr. Tharp is the host of the ksgennet.org website and has spent countless hours doing the html coding, formatting, uploading, etc.  I might add that he is also the host of the Chautauqua and two other counties here in Kansas and one county in Nevada.

Don & Lois Morgan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk