Grocery Store In Howard

Started by DanCookson, July 10, 2006, 10:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanCookson

I just want to implore everyone to check out the new grocery store in Howard.  The meat department isn't done yet, but it is an absolute gem!!  We are so lucky to have this store, and all of the things that are stocked in it.  The prices are the most unbelievable part.  There is hardly any difference between that of the big city chains.  Please everyone, break the "Wal-Mart" habit and give this store a good look.  The more that it gets supported, the better it will become.

I know that each and every person that goes and looks will have the same reaction that I did.

WOW.

Good job Julie and Patrick ;D

And for those that still go out of town to shop, shame on you.......Why don't you look for a house while you are there.

Teresa

I agree that we lucked out on having a grocery store this nice with the prices so easy to live with. it is wonderful!! ;D

They have their prices reasonable enough and have so many different selections making it  more than easy to stay home and shop for groceries.
And what  perfect timing! With gas prices the way that they are, you can shop at home and save money too! :D

They have worked so very very hard and spent thousands of hours up there working so we in Howard can have a grocery store. So please people.. utilize it, and don't take your buisness out of town.
We are so lucky to have what we have in our little town. Most towns our size are becoming ghost towns because of "Walmart" and  "Lowes" etc.  But Howard's merchants are trying so hard to not  let that happen.

We have 2 awesome eating places, A Daylight Donut cafe, 2 gas stations, we have 2 banks, we have a courthouse and a post office, a drug store and a grocery store and a True Value Hardware store that has merchandise and "personal help service from Mark and Derek"  that you won't find in a radius of 2 thousand miles.

I also want to make notice and thank all the employees of these buisness's.
Sandy Dunbar who is a blessing to us in Cookson's Hardware Store,
all the people in Batsons and the Family Market, the people at P&J's who stay open til 10,
The helpers and right hand people in Poplar's and Toots and the host of other people who help keep  our town alive and kickin'.

If you want to live in Howard...................................then you need to support Howard!
If you don't?............................................................................................................ :-\
Nuff said!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jo McDonald

HOORAY for Julie and Patrick and their beautiful little girls !!!  I am eager to see the NEW market when we return to Howard in October.  We owned two business in Howard, and we know first hand what it means to have local support to keep it going.  All of Howrd's business need all of Howard and surrounding area to keep them  alive and well.  
 How fortunate we are to have them!!!

SHOP AT HOME    IF YOU DON'T...WHO WILL???
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Teresa

Well Julie has certainly worked hard to bring this town reasonable prices...so there is no excuse to buy everything out of town now.  8)

jensarlou

Would somebody be willing to take a few pictures of the new store and post them for those of us who can't get back to Howard to see.  I for one would love to see the changes made.  Thanks.
Andrea

admin

We'll get that done for you. Teresa will take some pictures this week.

Teresa

Quote from: Kjell H. on July 18, 2006, 05:08:14 PM

We'll get that done for you. Teresa will take some pictures this week.

Well!! If this isn't a fine 'how do you do'.!
NOW he tells me.
In fact he didn't tell me.. I read it! :P

I mean.. it is 1:10 in the morning, and we are still working.. and ..like ... ahhhh.. when was he going to mention this to me that I needed to take pictures..?? Huh??
Maybe next week or next month ?!?
**Throwing my hands up in the air in exasperation**
Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh~~~~~~~~~
::)  Men~~~~~~~ ::)

((((Whisper mode on...))))... I will be more than glad to take pictures and put on here. It would be my pleasure. In fact, I might get crazy and take all kinds of pictures of Howard and put on here..
I'm a good picture taker and I'm glad he offered my services.
But don't tell him that ..ok? ;)
((((whisper mode off))))

Mom70x7

Now aren't you glad we have this forum! ! !  :)

It improves communication in households ! :)  :)  :)

Actually - the pictures would be a nice idea. Julie's store is awesome, she's so very willing to stock what people in Howard are willing to buy.

And the timing is perfect - with the gas prices the way they are - it works out very well.

jensarlou

Thanks so much Kjell and Teresa.  Looking forward to seeing all your hard work.   :)  Maybe I should take pictures of Florida.  Think it might intice some of you guys to give the sunshine state a visit? ;)
Andrea

Mike

So where are the pitures?    ;)

We have lots of Walmart's here in Wichita.  But, we might take a weekend day trip back to Howard if we get to see some pictures.   ;D

I'll make a weekend day trip through Howard here in the near future and stop in and shop.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk