Not Here's and Left Here's: What would make you move to Elk County?

Started by Tobina+1, July 30, 2008, 02:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flintauqua

Sometimes threads have to be licked to get the fluff to lay down before you can get it in the eye of the needle. ;D :o ;D

Catwoman

OHMIGAWD...uh...excuse me while I try to pick myself up off the floor after dying laughing...Frank...you are too much! :laugh: :laugh:  Thank goodness there are people out there like you, who bring such a smile to my face! ;D ;D

frawin

Flintauqua

Oh, the team just got "run-ruled"  Guess I better start back to the bench from way out here in right field. . . .  Maybe I'll get to bat in Monday's game.

Oh, and like a pee wee'er playing right field whose throws aren't aimed at anyone specific (just throw it and hope it makes it to the infield), my zingers aren't aimed at any one either. 

Unless your initials are PEP.

Catwoman

OK, Frank...you go right ahead and try to be serious...while I try to quit laughing! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

pepelect

Sell your house....I don't understand the logic of not moving here because of lack of housing.  If you  want to live in a perticular neighborhood just buy one the the affordable houses in the area and call some of the local tradesmen.  I bet when they are done you will not even have used half of the depressed housing market  price you got for where you live now.   We have some talent in the area that can make wood dance.   The trees sway towards Elk falls not because of the flood water bent them that way but they are paying respect to the master craftsman.

There are others too that will say you can build a $200000 house in elk county but it won't be worth anything because you can never sell it.   Then don't ever sell it.   We will take never leave over a come back any day of the week.  Try pricing a townhouse for less than what you can build here.   There are no covenents, specials, neighbors..........well some but they only eat what they can get out of you garden while you are out.

Flintauqua

Housing isn't an issue for Angie and I.  There is more to Benton county than what's along I 540.  We are in a town the size of Sedan and we rent a house very similar in size and quality of the one we own in Molline.  I'm six miles from my job, and Angie is only four blocks. 

The problem is our living expenses would be about the same in Elk County, but if we had to travel very far to work, then transportation costs go way up, and we would definitely take a hit on the income side.  So, at the moment the math just doesn't work.

pepelect

What if you could catch a train to work?   Why can't we expand the Elk County Transportation from taking people to shop and doctor out of town to taking them to work...  I remember back in the seventies both Boeing and Cessna had 15 passenger vans that ran  back and forth twice a day.   Why not get a car pool list together and figure out some employment routes.   Then offer that to the larger employers as an incentive to hire people from this area because they won't be late to work because the car wouldn't start.   

How much does it cost to drive to Wichita, Bartlesville, or even Ponca City if you split the ride 15 ways?  City funding makes the most sense.  If you build a house in our area we will provide you transportation.  I know it limits the amount of flexibility you have with your time but adjust.   Get a better job and move to Elk County.  Our school is great. Bring your kids...Have a dip in our pool.  Buy a cold beer and sit outside to enjoy the freeway traffic noise........oh yeah there is none.

Diane Amberg

But you'd better warn them about the Elk County Creeper. You wouldn't want to scare any newcomers.

greatguns

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk