Not Here's and Left Here's: What would make you move to Elk County?

Started by Tobina+1, July 30, 2008, 02:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L Hendricks

PEP - BE NICE - or else the forum police will send you to jail - Charles - we appreciate your opinions even if some of us can't be nice...

Flintauqua

Thanks, Liz.

Pat's just jealous because he wasn't quite old enough to be the fourth Perkins in our class. ;D

pepelect

You should think of the drive to work as time to cool down before coming to the relaxing scenic EK.  The gas money should be thought of as helping the poor starving oil men of  ELK county keep drilling just one more hole.  There is always a need for labor but you have to have a skill to get the big bucks.   Maybe you need more schooling?  Dr Durbin?

I left for 10(wife just informed me it was 8 years) wonderful years... I was a from here.  Then I left to become a left here...I came back underduress.  My partner made a speculative realestate purchase and I have to follow through with it untill it starts to turn a profit.  If it takes me untill I turn into one of those, 'I don't know why you would want to change that because we have been doing that way for 30 years,' people I am a will be here.  

The crime rate alone should have a great influence on your coming back here choice.  Crime in Elk county gets less press than a flip flopper in national politics.  

The biggest things we complain about are the easiest things to fix.

Plus being from here give you one of these          EK           on your car.

Why must you live elsewhere?    Can you get the rainfall report over a cup of coffee on Rock Road?  Do people ever wave with more than one finger where you live now?    Ever get chewed out for not waving back?

When was the last time you stopped right smack in the middle of an interstate to find out who's cow that was out or how long you had that truck?

Stop lights cause cancer....

pepelect

Flintauqua

Patrick the smartest Perkins in the 86 class? Doubtful, even with Liz in PA.  Smartest overall in the class? Exactly who was 99th percentile on the ACT, first time, morning after an away basketball game at Caldwell?????

FFA Dairy Judging Reject ;)

pepelect

so you were good at taking tests......... why don't you use your superior intellect to finance your lifestyle and move back here .

Flintauqua

Jeopardy tryouts in Fayetteville are in September, If I could win there, then on to "Who wants to be a Millionaire" . . . .

Oh, wait.  Then Angie would want a better house than 502 N. Pine

Flintauqua

Actually, I think she would want something brand new, uphill, with an exceptional view of 675 Road 14.  And I would need my tractor back!

Rudy Taylor

On a good day,  there's enough wind power on our forum to power every town in the county.

Who needs those big windmills?

:-)
It truly is "a wonderful life."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk