Howard Old Bank Building - What would you like done with it.....

Started by L Hendricks, July 29, 2008, 07:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Judy, Dr. Buchele's office was in the Howard National Bank building we are discussing. His office was on the North side of the building back about halway on the building to the East.
Frank

frawin

Judy, I don't remember if Dr Buchele ever had his office down near where the clinic is or not. In the early day Dr. Claypool had an office in that area and Dr. Berthelsen had one down next to where the library is now. I think maybe Dr Buchele quit practicing after he moved out of the old bank building.

Wilma

Dr. Buchele was in the clinic building or one close to it.  I saw him there in the mid 70's or rather my husband did.  Doc sent him on to a hospital in Wichita with bronchial pneumonia.

frawin

flo

could have fooled me.  I never knew Dr. Buchele to be anywhere but in the bank building.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Jo McDonald

Dr. Buchele and His wife Irma bought the building from the Claypool's -and Dr. Osborn from Independence and his PA,  who was Julie Richards Perkins' father set up practice there and that is when Doc and Irma moved to the Claypool building,  he retired from that building when he sold it to Mercy Hospital Clinic Assoc. .
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

kshillbillys

The steep steps of the bank building shouldn't be a problem. Anyone needing a forklift to get to a restaurant to gorge themselves on a double bacon cheeseburger with fried tots and an ice cold milkshake to wash it down should be able to get that at Toots. Otherwise, eat some salad. I myself, enjoy double bacon cheeseburgers with fried tots and ice cold milkshakes. I shall hurl myself up those stairs to get inside if it is a restaurant. ;D
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Janet Harrington

You know all of this sounds really nice, but no one is contemplating how this place will handle the handicapped.  ADA plays a huge part in anything that has to be done.  Since my mother is in a wheelchair most of the time, looking for wheelchair access when we go shopping is the first thing that gets done.  I'm all for someone doing something with the building as long as I don't have to help.  LOL

pepelect

Some of us do  and the rest gripe...................  ADA is the least of the worries.   The fact that the average person is 140lbs overweight, me included requires larger doorways, larger tables and chairs,  and a ADA entrance is not that hard to accomplish.  You might limit the amount of upstairs public access you will have with no elevator but with the cheapest units at about 150000 plus about a hundred dollars a month in inspection fees they are not cheap.  What ever goes in this building I am sure is will be built with sound jugement and a look to the future

Doesn't the city own the lots south of the legion?  Are they for sale or could they be incorporated into the building project?

I think that if a person buys a property just for the thought of selling it to turn a profit  and it doesn't get sold they should at least keep up general maintenance.  Windows and keep the critters out, both two and four legged.  A little city input in the form of ordinances could aleiviate alot of the run down and unsafe structures around.  Yes it will mean that you might have a city or county inspector to deal with but you won't have neglect and devalueing neighborhood property.  ....Maybe I should have posted this by the School building thread.

Diane Amberg

I'd never argue with an electrician, but our school elevator, with licensing and a maintenance agreement wasn't nearly that much for a two floor one. Now that was new, open construction of course. I'm sure a retro fit with new electric and all would be much more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk