Elk County Roads

Started by pepelect, July 21, 2008, 10:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepelect

Any news a new commander?  What about going to no upper management.   Put GPS Units on all trucks and equipment.  Post it on the web.   If the roads need roading email a request.  If a ditch needs ditching email a request.  Put the map on the super jumbo tron computer desk and figure out when and how much each task will be.  Is there a master plan out there.  Or is it just squeeky wheel gets the cluvert.
Any way we can utilize the Soil Conservation service for the engineering.  They know which way waters flows and how to divert it off a ag property to prevent erosion.  Erosion is the water taking away the thing that you are out there wanting. 

I really think that we should investigate a stewardship approach road work.  Keep what we have viable by not wasteing it.  My biggest suggestion is to ask why don't we leave the gravel in the rock quarry until we need it.  Why do we have to stockpile it along the side of the road so the water can't get to the ditch. 

Do we have to drive county gravel trucks down the highway at highway speeds?  Why couldn't you run larger off road trucks and drive them in the ditch to smash down the trees.  You wouldn't have to worry about the brush we already don't worry about that has taken over the bar.   A bar ditch is not a way to get a hooters girl away from a randy patron.  The big tires cause the "track" to move to the outsides of the roadway.  Every one knows that in Elk county the water runs down the track not the ditch.

Penny Swanson(7th grade math) Word Problem:  If diesel is $5 a gallon and a 10 wheel truck hauls 15 tons and a 18 wheeled truck hauls 25 tons.  Assuming each truck has a diesel engine and each has one driver which one is more efficent?   Could we replace the duals on each truck and trailer with new energy efficent X one super tires.  That would put the number of tires back to 10 on each unit so as to not cause any change.   Change is bad?!!? 

Diane Amberg

You don't have prison labor out there to clean out the ditches?

L Hendricks

PEP - I told you the position is open... you have all the necessary requirements... maybe more than the last guy - come on - you are always looking for a challenge.....

pepelect

Can I paint the truck Cat yellow?

Teresa

Of course you can dear............ ::)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

pepelect

:angel: If we could have a bake sale for inspiration.   Food for thought. 

Does any one have a problem with running the road graders and weed movers at night.  You can afford the really cushy chairs?   I am being groomed for school board.  After all the #$@ eatings you take at that job I need to be prepared.

What are the stock options?   Do I get my driveway paved?   Can I have one of those cool reflective vests and a elk county hard hat?  Does it also include crapper inspector?  I only know 2 things about that.

Catwoman

Patrick, you are for sure Elk County's own Energizer Bunny...you just don't have an off switch, do you?  :laugh: :laugh:  Yes, you are a shoe-in for the School Board or any other Board that you would decide to run for...there aren't enough people like you, in my considered opinion!  ;D :D ;D

Mom70x7

Patrick, the Energizer Bunny ! :angel:

pepelect

I played the saxaphone.  Not the bass drum.
                                                                 Barisax to be exact.

I am more of a crome dome than a copper top.

pepelect

I think the pressure is on.   There has been more gravel dumped on my road in the last week than has been bladed in to the ditch in ten years.  What ever is causing it?  Can you bring out the fancy lawnmower on a stick and take care of the over grown hedge rows?  Don't culverts need cute little badges to tell the world they exist.  I think every culvert needs a name.   Sedan has yellow sidewalks.   Name the culvert.  Would you paint graffiti if the bridge was named after your grand ma?   How many bridges are there.  We could  use recycled the plastic bottles for the signs from the solid waste dept.   Do we have one of those?  The plastic is supposed to last for hundreds of years unlike the culvert.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk