For Roma

Started by Teresa, July 21, 2008, 01:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

I'm putting this up for Roma .. This is what she gave me...

Teresa, can you put a link or something to this on the website?   I am going to ride in the MS 150 Bike Ride this year and am looking for sponsors/donations.  It all goes to the MS Society.  We ride from here to Joplin, MO on day one, stay all night and ride back the next day.   Overall about 180 miles.  I am riding 10-15 miles every day, but need to step it up.  Thanks,  Roma

Dear Friends and Family,
The National MS Society is kicking off Bike MS: Ozarks Ride 2008. I am planning to be a part of that event and I am asking you to join me in the fight against MS by making a contribution to support my effort.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is dedicated to ending the devastating effects of MS.  They simultaneously fund research for a cure while also helping people who currently live with MS lead more fulfilling lives.  I believe in the work they do, and I invite you to see for yourself all the good they've done for the MS community.  More than 400,000 Americans live with MS, and your support can and will make changes in their lives.
Please help by making a donation - large or small - to fight MS. Or, why not join me on the day of the event? Become a participant and side by side, as teammates, we can work together to raise the funds to make a difference.
Whatever you can give will help! I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.

Sincerely,
Roma Turner
Click here to get to my personal page and make a secure, online donation.
To send a donation: Make all checks payable to:
National MS Society
Mail to: Roma Turner
2810 West Latoka Street
Springfield, MO 65807-2150

Here is the link to donate:

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?px=5213121&pg=personal&fr_id=7893
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Roma, good for you! I'll mail you a check tomorrow.

Roma Jean Turner

Thanks Diane. The check came today.

Diane Amberg

You are very welcome. I know several people with MS and two friends who died from it. You will be doing a wonderful thing.

Roma Jean Turner

Today I did a 26 mile ride in 2 hrs 45 minutes. This is one of a few training rides leading up to the big MS Ride in September. Next ride I will do 40. 

Diane Amberg

Yay...Good for you! Your legs must be in great shape. :D

Teresa

Lord have mercy.. 26 miles? :o
I wouldn't even have any legs left to stand on.. LOL

Excellent Roma.. I am impressed.  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Roma Jean Turner

The big ride (MS Ride) will be from here to Joplin (80 miles) one day and back again the next. I am really working on leg strngthening. but am pleased at how my cardio is doing.  This is definetly a weight loss program. I hope someday I can come over and do some riding in Elk Co.

Tobina+1

OMG: I hope you don't have to ride on the Interstate!?  That stretch of interstate is the most dangerous road I've ever been on; I've been almost ran off the road by trucks many times on that stretch!  Be careful!

Roma Jean Turner

We will do back routes through small towns.  There will be rest stops and medics. etc every 10 miles.  There are vans that patrol the routes so if you need help they will just load up you and your bike and take you to the next stop.  It really is very well planned.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk