Farm Show Leaves Toot's station promptly at 11:00am

Started by pepelect, July 20, 2008, 09:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indygal

QuoteYou guys are just FABulous!

Which is not the same as FABIO, who was not fat (though may be now) and had plenty of hair (but may not now)!

Catwoman

Man, where are my chestwaders when I need them????

indygal

Back to the original topic, was the farm show advertised in the Flint Hills Express? Were there signs around town? If so, I don't remember seeing anything about it. I spoke with two customers today who went to the show and said it was really hot but worth the trip. When I asked if it was publicized, they said no, but that everyone "just knew about it." So, this I see as a communication breakdown,  assuming everyone has lived here forever so everyone "just knows" about what's going on in the county and elsewhere.

L Hendricks

Indygal - another topic that Elk Konnected is trying to address - a county wide communication center and it looks like this forum will be the venue... they are trying to gather school calenders right now... Please come to the August 12 Community Update to be held at Severy Multi purpose room at 7pm to hear more....

pepelect

The farm show is was and will be again sponsored by the Kansas Farm Talk...It is a ag publication that every one of the "Been Here's" have on their coffee table.   
The "never lefts" keep this information to appear smarter. 
The "come here's " find out by following the dust down the road or wondering why they are the only ones at Toots.   
The "left as soon as we got out of school to find a good jobs "need to move back to stay informed.  Bring your 6 figure salary with you. 
How many people wave at you on the way to work?   Even third shift.?? Then ask what your problem is when you don't wave back.

DanCookson

This is going to sound dumb, so give me a pass on this one.....

Why is an Elk Konnected meeting being held in another county????

Sorry, I am sure there is a reason

D Whetstone

Dan,

Elk Konnected's boarders are fuzzy.  The boundaries include all of Elk County but also include the school districts of West Elk and Elk Valley.  Even some that are interested in the growth of our community live outside of these areas (Chataqua County).  So, Severy is in the West Elk school district and thus an important part of Elk Konnected.

Elk is common to the names Elk County, West Elk, Elk Valley - you get the idea.  Konnected (spelled with a K because the two letter abbreviation on Elk County license plates is EK) brings together the six towns (Severy, Howard, Moline, Grenola, Elk Falls, and Longton)that make up this community.

We, the steering committee, have intentionally moved our community gatherings around the area. The first meeting, the Community Conversation, was held at the Elk Valley School in Longton.  The Vision Retreat was held at Flint Oak Ranch. The Elk Konnected Update will be held in Severy.

Please come and learn what Elk Konnected is doing. And find out where and how you can get involved.

David

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk