Elk County Courthouse II

Started by W. Gray, July 19, 2008, 04:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Elk County is in the Thirteenth Judicial District along with Butler and Greenwood counties.

The thirteenth district judges' offices are in El Dorado in Butler County.

If a trial is needed in Elk County, does a judge come from El Dorado?

Or, do those judges hold trial in El Dorado for all Thirteenth District cases?

I don't seem to ever hear or read of a Thirteenth Judicial District trial in Howard on the third floor of the courthouse, but maybe nothing is happening or no one reports the event to the newspaper?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

sixdogsmom

The judge comes from El Dorado for the trials.
Edie

flo

what about the Dist. Judge, Jack Sanders, who sits in Eureka?
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Janet Harrington

The district judges, which there are four, Judge Sanders, Judge Ward, Judge Ricke, and Judge Hart.  The judges take turns coming to Elk County. 

Since we don't have anybody submitting any information to the newspaper about arrests, trials, etc., plus all the other stuff that goes on that we don't know about, then we don't know when trials are happening.  If a person was really wanting to know about trials and what judges, they would need to call the district court in Howard.

flo

I knew that, Janet, it's just that the rest seemed to forget about him.  As for putting "news" in the paper.  If it's anything like gets pubished in the Eureka paper, most of it is "after the fact".  Guess it does let you know what went on, tho.  I asked a friend about something that was in the criminal court news this week and she said that was a couple months ago.  Didn't really matter, but I was just curious about the case.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

In case anyone is wondering, the Turkey Rd. animal neglect case is scheduled for Aug. 19.

Diane Amberg

What ever became of all the animals?

Wilma

The horses, anyway, are at a horse rescue farm in Chautauqua County.  They are having open house as the horses are ready for adoption.  I don't remember where it is or when.  Maybe someone else knows.

Mom70x7

Catwoman

The Wichita Eagle ran a story on that horse rescue ranch today...it's in the Local and State section, front page.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk