If our community was given $450K, what would you like done with the money....

Started by L Hendricks, July 17, 2008, 02:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L Hendricks

Let's focus on something fun, positive, long lasting... If our community was given $450,000 a year for a period of 10 years, what would you like done with this money...Anything is possible....

LisaT

Build a building over the howard pool/ball court and keep it open year round and add a weight room and walking track.

Wilma

Would that be enough to get a rural water district up and operating?

cheyronni

I would like paved streets in town and good water to drink and improvements in water treatment plants.

Catwoman

I would use it as seed money to get a federally inspected beef/pork processing plant built in Elk County.

Lookatmeknow!!

Catwomen, that is a good idea.  Any kind of big company brought to Elk County would help!!  Liz, that is a good idea!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Rudy Taylor

Newspaper subscriptions for everyone!!

Let's see --- that should buy 14,066 subs to the Flint Hills Express.

Then I could take that money and sail around the world.

Yes, indeed, that's a grand idea.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Wilma

Any kind of big company coming into Elk County would require more water than is availabe right now.  The money should go first to get us more water.  Would there be enough for that, Liz?

Teresa

I assume "Community"  being Elk County?
Better roads.. in the towns and especially in the country.
Some of these county roads are so full of pot holes that you can barely drive down them.

The meat processing plant is a great idea too. They are few and far between anymore.

And if we build the building over the pool and court.. we need to add an inside playground with all kinds of equipment for the little kids.. so that when mom and dad are walking the track.. and big brother and sister are shooting hoops or playing tennis.. the little ones can play on the park equipment.

( and I would love to have a bowling alley.  :) I miss bowling on a league and I think that we could get lots of people interested if we had one here. *and maybe not too..  :-\ * ( But that is a selfish "want" on my part. )
Sedan sure has problems keeping theirs open and operating.

And I say build on the  rodeo grounds that sets between Moline and Howard.  For the love of the Lord I don't know why we can't all combine everything and have ONE BIG fair and rodeo and carnival etc.
But Howard won't give in to Longton and Longton won;'t give in to Howard..and Moline doesn't want it at Longton or Howard.. so they have Crazy Days there... and the silly "boring long gone past it's prime"  sandbox feud goes on and on and on..

Can you imagine how cool it would be to have the 4H.. the Crazy Days.. the Howard Fair..the Longton Fair and Grenola Days events all combine? Oh my gosh.. We could actually maybe bring back the old time fair days and actually have something worth going to.
I say "Bring it on...I'd be in charge of it"  :police:..

It IS kind of fun to to think what we could do if that money was at our disposal
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

If you knew that annual amount was solid for ten years, use it as collateral for a big enough loan to get your rural water, and improve the treatment plant (maybe apply for a grant also) and then use the water for yourselves and to attract the industry you want. Have the industries fix the pot holes. :laugh:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk