Rural water project

Started by Sarah, July 15, 2008, 09:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

Has anyone heard any updates on the rural water project?  Where they're at with it and how fast they're moving?

Thanks  :)

pepelect

be patient.......very .........very   .........p    a    t   i  e   n t.    I would easier to bring a Iceburg in from the polar ice cap then to get funding for a public project.  The bigest stumbling block right now is that ther doesn't seem to be enough meters to justify the current cost of building.  As it has taken 4 years to get through the politics the costs have risen to above 4million dollars.  Devide that by the less than 150 residentual meters and you have just bought a new car.
They will know about the current funding solution by Jan 09.

Sarah

Quote from: pepelect on July 16, 2008, 03:55:23 AM
be patient.......very .........very   .........p    a    t   i  e   n t.    I would easier to bring a Iceburg in from the polar ice cap then to get funding for a public project.  The bigest stumbling block right now is that ther doesn't seem to be enough meters to justify the current cost of building.  As it has taken 4 years to get through the politics the costs have risen to above 4million dollars.  Devide that by the less than 150 residentual meters and you have just bought a new car.
They will know about the current funding solution by Jan 09.

Well, thanks for the answer.  Doesn't look like I can retire my water hauling truck any time soon then.   :P

pepelect

The application was been applied to the cdbg(Community Development Block Grant).  For the amount of $400,000.00.  4.1 million total bill.  The balance would be a guaranteed loan from the CDBG.  The state will get back to us by Jan 09.

Call your congressman.  Gripe alot.  We need politics.  We are so rural we are being ignored. 

L Hendricks

The latest I heard on the project was at the comm mtg Mon and it was very contingent on Flint Oak.... If Flint Oak doesn't buy into the RWD #2, it isn't likely to happen or will be much more difficult.  If Flint Oak would buy into it, it would greatly increase our chances.  If anyone know the higher ups at Flint Oak, plead, beg, threaten (JK)...we really need them - PEP has made numerous reference - Water = Population...

pepelect

Any one have a ear at Flint Oak?  Anyone  of the 'Come Heres' from that area listing>{

Diane Amberg

Good for you for going after a C.D.block grant! There must be other money out there too, any good grant writers among you?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk