New Kansas residents......

Started by markhoward, June 24, 2006, 01:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Mike,

I remember when your dad passed away.  Suddenly.  That was sad.  I was just having trouble remembering your mom and dad's names.  Now that you put it in writing, of course, I remember them.  And Tracy, she was always so pretty and nice.  The last I saw Tracy and Craig was when Craig's brother, Scott, was killed in that accident in Texas.  I saw them at the funeral.  I see Craig's parents alot and Susan, Craig's oldest sister, just lives a couple of blocks away from us.

I, too, grew up in Severy, but I think I told you that.  Your family used to live west of Severy, jsut west of the old Charlie's station.  You may have been too small or maybe not born yet to remember that house.  It is still standing.

As for the house east of the Cresco Cemetery, Willie Ervin used to own it and then it had a family in it, but I can't remember their names.  Now a couple from Wichita own it and the reason that it is boarded up is because someone went and broke every window out of the house and I think the Wichita people gave up trying to do any remodeling.  It is hard to keep a house from being torn up here unless you have some sort of an alarm system on it.  Alot of houses and cabins in the country that have out of county owners have alarm systems.  Keeps the sheriff's office hopping sometimes.

Mike

Yes, I remember living in the house on 96/400 Highway.  We moved from there to the land just east of highway 99 when I was 9 years old.

I remember going to the gas station and eating at the diner just east of us on highway 96.  I had forgotten the name; but, when you said Charlie's...that name sounded familiar.

What was the name of the gas station/diner at the corner of 96&99 highway or who owned it?

Janet Harrington

Ervin's Cafe, owned by Jean Ervin, who had been married to Willie Ervin, who had bought that house of your mom's east of Cresco.  Jean and Willie had several kids, but Rocky Ervin, who married Phyllis Fulsom, R.B. Fulsom's daughter, eventually moved the cafe to the old Ponderosa which was an old motel, made a convenience store along with the cafe.  (Now, how did you like that for a sentence?)  R. B. Fulsom was the one who owned Charlie's Truck Stop and Cafe that was east of you on 96 highway.  Now that goes back a looooooooong ways.  I must be old.

Teresa

Quote from: Janet Harrington on July 06, 2006, 07:29:49 AM
  Now that goes back a looooooooong ways.  I must be old.

:-X   
*hee hee hee*
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk