Vote Liberal: We’ll Give You Stuff........

Started by Warph, July 05, 2008, 12:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

......That Others Have Worked For!

We're approaching another in a long string of elections where the Democrats are proposing hope for the poor, a better future for all, blah... blah... blah... What are the Republicans proposing, you ask.  Basically the same thing, only they offer a different way to achieve success.

But let's break it down in a way everybody here can easily understand.

Liberalism calls for the distribution of wealth and conservatives call for wealth to be accumulated by hard work.

In other words; Democrats can campaign on giving the majority of its citizen's free stuff using wealth a small minority of the people have worked extremely hard for.

Why aren't there even more Democrats in power?

Maybe they need me to devise their campaign strategy.

Pay close attention liberals, because this is what your conversations with potential voters should resemble:

Liberal: Hello Sir or Ma'am - I am speaking to you on behalf of the Democratic Party.  If our candidates are elected to office we pledge to give you stuff others have toiled for under the guise that they achieved vast riches only because of good fortune.  They woke up at 4:00 in the morning and busted their butt until midnight so you wouldn't have to!  They'll pay so you can continue sleeping until noon every day!

Potential Voter: I don't know – shouldn't I work for my possessions?

Liberal: Let's apply your question to every day life.  If you were taking the family out to a restaurant, would you go to the one that gives you free food or the one that makes you pay?

Potential Voter: The one that gives us free food.

Liberal: If someone offered you a free t-shirt would you decline it in favor of receiving one from another individual who wanted you to mow his or her lawn in return?

Potential Voter: No.

Liberal: So what's the problem?

Potential Voter: I don't know - doesn't that mean some of my money will be used to go to people lazier than me?

Liberal: Do you think you had anything to do with the amount of motivation you were born with?  Just like you, other people have no control over how hard they are able to work.  It's in your DNA.  They shouldn't be punished because they don't have the same natural aptitude as yourself.

Potential Voter: Wow, I never thought of it like that.  I suppose I should help those born with less ambition.

Liberal: Of course you should.  But we'll make the rich provide so much money your cost will be extremely minimal.

Potential Voter: And those rich people, who've worked so hard, have accumulated more money than they'll ever be able to spend.

Liberal: Exactly!  What good are all those funds doing sitting in a bank!  And besides, we shouldn't really call what rich people do "work."

Potential Voter: What do you mean?

Liberal: How long did you play video games yesterday?

Potential Voter: Three hours.

Liberal: Did you enjoy it?

Potential Voter: Yes.

Liberal: Do you think a multi-millionaire enjoys the process of accumulating wealth?

Potential Voter: I suppose so.

Liberal: Of course he does!  It's just fate that he happens to enjoy something that provides wealth for his family while the thing you enjoy doesn't provide anything but fun!

Potential Voter: And it's not like I'm going to get rich from the U.S. government seizing money from America's wealthiest individuals.

Liberal: No; they're just helping you make ends meet - and maybe buy the new Metal Gear Solid video game when it's first released, instead of waiting for it to hit the discount bin.  And perhaps one day you'll come up with some random idea that makes you a million dollars – like the Pet Rock!

Potential Voter: Yeah, I could still get rich!  But if I do accumulate vast wealth I'm going to want to keep a majority of it.

Liberal: Don't worry - I know a crafty accountant.

You're welcome, Democrats – I've just given you a way to sweep Congress and take back the White House.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

pam

y'know I've been pretty good at ignorin all this Democrat crap y'all been postin. Guess what I'm a democrat!!!Guess what else....I've been workin my ass off most of my life since I got big enough to work!!!! Nobody has EVER GIVEN me anything, I've never taken anything I DIDN"T EARN!!!!!! Everything I've got I earned by sweatin out in the weather or freezin out in the weather buildin everything from bridges to apartment complexes so enough already!!!! Sayin all democrats are lazy and stupid settin around waitin for a handout is like sayin all republicans are anal-retentive money-grubbers ridin the shirt-tails of the workin man to the top. So show a little respect.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Wilma

Enough with the name-calling already.  OK?

pam

This is an offensive post....I took offense period
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

sixdogsmom

Edie

greatguns

Warph,  you have just reminded me why I never get in a spraying match with a skunk 'cause then we would both stink.

Diane Amberg

Speaking of same, did you rear about Rush L's new 8 year 400 million $ contract. How can that man possibly be worth that much?

W. Gray

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Warph

Thank You, Sally..... that really is very good advice.  I remember my grandpappy from Parsons quoting that very same ditty.
And Diane, that's Show Business.  Rush is scum.  I view him the same as MoveOn.org and George Soros (who is rumoured to own Move On btw, and Senator Obama).  The man has done a lot of good in respect to his philanthropic activities but, at the same time, his very far left leanings leave a lot to be disired both, by liberals and conservatives.
Soros: Funding the Opposition
The December 1, 2003, USA Today quoted Soros's worth at "about $7 billion," of which Soros had pledged "$15.5 million to anti-Bush, anti-conservative groups ... giving $10 million to Americans Coming Together, $2.5 million to MoveOn.org, and $3 million to the Center for American Progress." Soros was then in the process of "writing his own anti-Bush book. The Bubble of American Supremacy, a critique of the president's foreign policy," which hit bookstores in January 2004
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=George_Soros
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk