Hi! My family is really interested in moving to Howard, Moline, or Severy, KS

Started by Samantha, June 30, 2008, 07:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L Hendricks

Samantha,
I have the 2 houses listed that have been discussed on the forum - the one on Washington and also Penn.  Washington house does have some unique wallpaper, but it also has really nice hardwood floors, 3 bedrooms, a gallery kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and 1 detached garage. It has a large shaded corner lot too. It is livable as is, but most people would want to do some remodeling before they moved in.  Teresa is right, the back porch is less than desirable.  The price has been reduced again to $29,900.  (Teresa - let me know when I have over stepped the boundaries of the forum).  Mrs. Young's family would really like to sale it and the folks of Elk County would love to have a young family in it.  The other house on S. Penn is in various stages of remodeling.  Again 3 bedrooms - all upstairs and 2 bathrooms.  Howard has some great older homes - in various conditions and sometimes a new 3 bedroom is tough to find.  I would love to show you around if and when you come up.  Of course the other towns have possibilities too.  Right now, as you probably saw, there isn't a lot on the market.  There are a couple FSBO too and the other realtors have a few also, but right now I think they are all 2 bdrms.  Not sure what Dana D has for sale in Moline - she might have some larger homes - not sure if her listings come up on realtor.com or not.  Good luck and hope we will see you soon.

Samantha

Thanks LHendricks!  I sent you an email with some additional questions.
Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity. They seem more afraid of life than death.  *James F Byrnes

Tobina+1

Don't worry, Liz.  Teresa will just "boot" you to the For Sale section.   :P
But I must say; that's an amazing price on that house!  I'm perfectly fine where I am, but I would like to "peek" around sometime.  I love to look at older houses... and now am curious about the "unique" wallpaper.

frawin

Samantha one other item you need to be aware of is that Groceries are taxed in Kansas, as you are aware Groceries are exempt from Sales tax in Texas. I am not trying to discourage you as I was born and raised in Howard Kansas and I still think it is a great place to live with some of the friendliest and most helpful people anywhere.
Frank winn

Samantha

Most of our grocerys in Texas are taxed also.  The only thing that isn't taxed are produce and meat.

Plus our tax rate is 8.25% where yalls is only 6something.
Thanks though!
Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity. They seem more afraid of life than death.  *James F Byrnes

Diane Amberg

Tobina, I heard there are dancing nudes on the bathroom walls in that house. ( that ought to get some action!)  ;D

Samantha

Hey yall, it's me again... are you sure you really want us there?  I feel like I am asking tons of questions...

I would like to see if our utilities will transfer there or if we will have to open new accounts.

Do you have TXU (atmos) Electric?
Do you have Dish Network?
Do you have US Cellular?

What high-speed internet providers are available?

What home telephone service is available?

Is your trash service included in your water bill or do you have to pay separate monthly for it?  We have IESI trash service here that we have to pay for monthly.

Do most homes there heat with natural gas or propane?

You guys have been so great to answer all our questions!

pepelect

Electric  -Westar Energy
Dish Network -- national company will work anywhere
U.S. Cellular will work here fine.  But there is also SKT
SKT offers high speed dsl cable internet in cities
ATT offers dsl over the telephone in some rurals and there is always satelite internet
Trash service in on city bills along with nat gas, water, sewer in Howard, Moline has separate gas bill
Houses in Howard can't have Propane only gas.  Rural houses mostly have either totally electric or propane.

The biggest thing about living here is you don't have to worry about traffic.   We have no stop lights for 40 miles.  Not one in the entire county.

Diane Amberg

Teresa

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 10, 2008, 06:40:14 PM
Tobina, I heard there are dancing nudes on the bathroom walls in that house. ( that ought to get some action!)  ;D

Diane.. I meant to tell you ...Liz and I already took all the nude pictures of you down off the walls.
:(I'm sorry... We didn't know you were going to advertise..or we would have left them up..
;)

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk