Hi! My family is really interested in moving to Howard, Moline, or Severy, KS

Started by Samantha, June 30, 2008, 07:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

Yeah - just let us know. There are enough of us that someone will be around.

And, the Howard City Pool is open from 1 to 6 pm every day. They also have a kiddie pool, so your little ones can have a chance to play and relax. The pool manager is also one of the 1st grade teachers, so the staff there is usually excellent with kids.

heather_tyler_2014

that is sure right  debbie :) :) :) :) :) :D susan is the one that tought me everything i know about swimming (almost) and the staff is just awesome they can help you with almost anything (everything) you need it's always open unless of bad weather  and thier are swim lessons in the mornings !!!!!!!!!! and alot of stuff
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

Not In Oz

Hi Samantha,
I'm usually a lurker on the boards rather than a poster but I thought I'd add my "two cents" to your questions as we recently decided to move back to Howard after living out of the area for the past 10 years.  I grew up in Greenwood County (a few miles east) and moved away after colllege to Washington DC.    While Howard seemed like a natural choice for me (my parents live there now), in my husbands case, he comes from a very different background (he grew up in the DC area) and simply fell in love when we came home to visit my parents so regardless of your background...its a very nice little town.  We specifically picked it for a few reasons vs. any other town in the area.  It really does have everything you need and if not, it has an excellent road system to anywhere you would want to go for more shopping or jobs...its less than an hour to Wichita and you never encounter heavy traffic.  Good Luck!

Rudy Taylor

OK, "Not In Oz" ... you gotta tell us all about yourself sometime soon.  You sound so very interesting.

Hey, forumites, I'm so very proud of you for working this thread so generously.  Samantha simply asked a friendly question about moving to Howard, and now there are 7 or 8 pages of responses.  That's a great tribute to the folks who live in Elk County.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Nadine

Just pack up the family and do it.  MY Dad was in the air Force so we moved every 1.5 to 2 years as I was growing up, no place was home. 

My Dad retired from the USAF in 1976 and our family moved to Howard when I was a senior in high school, I graduated and left that area immediately but always came back because my parents lived there.

As I got older I started really appreciating that area.  If I was ever going to get married and have children I always told my Mother I would want to raise them in that area.

When I spoke at my fathers funeral, I told his friends how lucky they wer to haved a place like Elk County, that this place had become my home after so many years moving.

Will I ever move back to Elk County?  I hope so but right now life has me in the big city still. 

Even though I do not really know very many people from the community, I knew a lot about the community because my Mother woudl tell me the local gossip and Rudy's newspaper.

I still feel the conection to the community and love to show up at sporting events and photograph the new local athelets.  I can't explain it but it is a connection.

Not In Oz

Thanks Rudy for the reply...but unfortunately my story is not really interesting at all...just a Kansas girl who is originally from Rock (near Winfield), grew up near Fall River, went to K-State and then took a 10 year detour to Washington DC to work in agricultural public relations. 

A few twists and turns later, I've been lucky enough (or crazy enough) :) to open my own company (www.planitworld.com if anybody is really interested in the details) but the gist of my job is public relations, management and event planning.  While its based out of DC, thanks to the wonders of technology and an airplane ride when I need to be onsite, I'm able to run it from anywhere, so my husband Jason and I have decided to take a step back from the "hustle and bustle" and appreciate the slower pace of Elk Co. 

We are in the process of purchasing a house in Howard and hope to be relocated totally in the next couple months so keep your fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly since we have 1200 miles between us and our new home!

Diane Amberg

Samantha

Hi!  Another quick question, I remember hearing there's a Bed and Breakfast in Howard (I think)  Can someone tell me the name of it please?  I'd like to call and get the room rates.
Thanks!
Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity. They seem more afraid of life than death.  *James F Byrnes

Teresa

Cattle Baron Inn Bed & Breakfast   (620) 374-2503
P.O. Box 1218 / 516 E. Randolph,
Howard, KS 67349

You can see a picture of it here.. along with other Howard stuff.

http://skyways.lib.ks.us/towns/Howard/index.html

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Samantha

Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity. They seem more afraid of life than death.  *James F Byrnes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk