Hi! My family is really interested in moving to Howard, Moline, or Severy, KS

Started by Samantha, June 30, 2008, 07:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

OH, I just finished reading Buddyboy's post all the way through to figure out what the heck a Fudge Monkey was... and I realized that Buddyboy had 2 girlfriends from Severy?  At the same time?   ;) 
Sorry, I know better than to unravel a thread with idle fun-making!

Mom70x7

Ok, folks - she also asked about churches. I know some, but help me out.

Severy has Methodist, Baptist, Nazarene.

Howard has Methodiist, First Baptist, Independent Baptist, Assembly of God.

Moline has Methodist, Catholic, Christian, Baptist, Community Fellowship.

Elk Falls has Methodist, Calvary Chapel.

Longton has Methodist, Baptist.

What else?

Diane Amberg

Tobina, I AM SHOCKED!!! You live near Howard and don't know what a Fudge Monkey is? ;D  Just think banana split in a big cup. It's easier to eat than out of a regular banana split dish. Well, at least I think so. It probably has a million calories, but the last one was in 1995, so I splurged this time.  :laugh:

flo

:-[ oh, Diane, I am sorry.  I should have told you.  Next trip as they are making your fudge monkey, you need to tell them to add the hot fudge slowly and to blow on it as it falls to the cup.  That separates the calories and they fall to the floor.   :angel:
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Judy Harder

Longton has Methodist, Baptist.Longton also has a Christian church and it is growing.
We  will be adding on later this summer.

Remember the Medical clinics one in  Howard and the other in Moline.......also on Tuesday here in Longton we have  a doctor come from Fredonia and he has lots of patients.

Remember the youth groups that each of the towns have.
4-H and all of the towns have baseball and little league/pee wee type games

We have a grade school and highschool in same campus area.......and each of the schools......High  Schools have a good sports program.

Samantha this is a good all around area to raise kids in.  If you want a slower pace this is it.
Also there are the rodeo's and fairs and the card party's and if you need movies Sedan and Independence have them.

Lots and lots to do here, IF YOU WANT TO.....it is also nice to know your neighbor by name and also their kids.
Come see what Elk County has to offer.......I am sure you  will like it.   
Oh, you must be ready for people to care what you do and how you are doing.

we are caring (need I say nosy) people and most of us will lean over backwards to  help.....when and if you need it.

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Samantha

Wow ya'll sound like a good down home group of people and your efforts have helped so much already.  Slow pace sounds great too as our two girls are growing so fast it would be nice to watch them grow a little instead of running ourselves ragged.  And to have a group of children playing together instead of two of them glued to the newest video game would be so much healthier.
Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity. They seem more afraid of life than death.  *James F Byrnes

Samantha

Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity. They seem more afraid of life than death.  *James F Byrnes

Mom70x7

It's the "Flint Hills Express" and the link is at the top of the page.

Rudy Taylor is one of our regular post-ers here. (Notice, I did NOT say grump!  ;D )
He's that laid-back looking guy sitting in a chair - when he posts.

DanCookson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk