Accidents

Started by Mom70x7, June 22, 2008, 04:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

Two accidents I'm curious about.

The first is the Eureka accident - it occurred Friday night and here it is Sunday afternoon, late, and they still haven't released the names of the kids. Quite a few Howard residents know people from Eureka. Anyone know anything?

The other accident is a curious one - what happened in front of P&J's the other night? I've heard all sorts of stories - a semi, a tow truck, a red Lexus, a pick-up? The only consistent report is that no one was injured. From the skid marks it looks like somone was pulling out of P&J's while someone else was driving by on the highway. Details?

heather_tyler_2014

o my the weekend im gone :'(  is the weekend everything happens(kc was fun)
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

Wilma

Then maybe you should stay in town, Heather, so we won't have any problems. 

heather_tyler_2014

well just might do that but mom70x7......maybe there was semi driving by a tow truck to pull the red lexus and truck?????:) maybe not sure
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

Dee Gee

Copied from Channel 13 WIBW, Topeka

(Eureka, KS) – Four of the teenagers in Friday nights car accident have now been identified.
16-year-old Jesse Osborn remains in critical condition.
16-year-old Tyler Thole also remains in critical condition.
15-year-old Dakota Brubaker is in fair condition.
15-year-old Cassi Bechtle also remains in fair condition.
The 15-year-old young man who was killed in the crash has not been identified.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Marcia Moore

I can't verify any of this, but I heard the boy who died was Jace Ross, that his mother is Vicki Ross who works at the Eureka hospital.  I was also told the one hurt the most is Jesse Osborn, who is a daughter to Cathy McDonald.  She had just dropped her one month old baby off at her mother's house and the kids were on their way back to Eureka.  I am guessing the Thole boy might be a nephew to Lawrence and Janice Smith, formerly of Severy.  The Brubaker boy is a grandson to Forest and Beverly Graves of Eureka, formerly of Sedan.  The Bechtle girl was supposedly driving.  She is the daughter of Kevin and Vicki Bechtle of Climax and the granddaughter of Ron and Linda Hurley of Climax.

Mom70x7

Teresa

Jeeeeesssse Marcia.. Do you know everyone? :o

I hope the kids are going to be okay.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Marcia Moore

I deliver mail to Cassie Bechtle and her parents and grandparents, and I delivered mail to Jessie Osborn and her family when they lived at Climax.  I have known the Brubaker boy's mother and grandparents all my life, as they were formally from Sedan.   

patyrn

I just read on the Wichita Eagle website that all those involved in the Eureka accident this weekend were ejected from the vehicle.  If only we (both young and old) would take the time to buckle our seatbelts, injuries and deaths in most situations would be much less.  I once heard a highway patrolman give a lecture to students who stated that rarely did he remove a dead body from a fastened seatbelt. 

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and families of all involved in this tragic accident.  What a nightmare!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk