Kansas Quarter

Started by W. Gray, June 12, 2008, 11:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

The US Mint printed 564.3 million Kansas quarters and none will be printed again.

I lack three quarters from having a complete set of state quarters. I will hand the set down and 100 years from now the set will probably be worth, worth, worth--$12.50.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

flo

;D ;D ;D - that's why I rolled all mine and cashed em in. 
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

W. Gray

I have yet to see a presidential dollar.

Washington and Adams have been released.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

greatguns

I've had them and they spend just as good as the paper ones.

flo

seen one, wasn't that impressed.

Tobina+1

The new $5.00 bills are pretty cool... after you get over the fact they look a little like Monopoly money.
I think the hardest thing to figure out is why they made the gold $1.00 coins look so similar to the quarter?

flo

good question Tobina - you'd think they would have learned after the Susan B Anthony dollar.  How many of you used how many for a quarter before you realized what you'd done?  I lost 75 cents several times.

jensarlou

I have a set of presidential coins that were given out with a tank of gas from some station in the 70's.  I believe they are legal tender in some other country.  Personally I think they are much nicer than the ones that have just recently come out.

W. Gray

About 15 $20 bills from the 1971 haul of D.B. Cooper that was found in 1980 sold at auction today for $37,000.

W. Gray

The Denver Post contained information today that the U.S. mint will issue another round of state quarters beginning in 2010.

States will submit what they desire (within an overall theme) on the quarter and the mint will pick what to print.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk