Amending the Constitution

Started by W. Gray, June 11, 2008, 08:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

That is good to bring a child up to believe they can do anything they set their mind to do. It is the parents duty to not only instill that idea but to show the path  and keep the child within at least sight of that path. Sounds like your folks did a great job. I was not just speaking of Era, but Sufferage, birth control, even Amelia Bloomer, (she invented pants for women) as well as Rosie the riveter. It sounds like you have taken advantage of the opportunities to work in a non-traditional womens job and have done well. I am glad as I have in fact been turned down for jobs because I am a woman. Told flat out that the job should be filled by a man because he had a family to feed. I don't know what that person thought I had at home to feed but his mind was made up. LOL! I have also been told I could not have a certain job because of religious affiliation. I once had a job in a small department store chain; a district manager decided that the women should wear a smock with the company logo. That was okay except that we were expected to buy them from the company and the men did not have to wear them. I wore their smock, but refused to buy it, and watched my paycheck carefully to be certain it was not withheld. The gains that women have achieved in the last 100 years are astounding indeed!
Edie

pam

y'know I really never had anything like that happen, I don't know why. Lol, just remembered... i actually got a job one time just because they wanted to see if a woman could do it...it was on the paddle stand at IBP. The line supervisor was havin an argument with his boss that women could, the guy said a woman couldn't throw the quarters around like you had to to do the job. When I found that out it pissed me off and I stayed just long enough to qualify and then told em to pound it where the sun didn't shine. lol. But to not get one cause of bein female, that never happened. Had a few give me the job and take bets how long I'd last lol but I always lasted. Women have made progress as far as recognition of what they can do.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

sixdogsmom

Thee are a stubborn woman!!  ;D ;D
Edie

pam

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

sixdogsmom

Edie

flo

MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

greatguns

sixdogsmom

Oh my Pam! Even your mom is agreeing with me!  :o :o
Edie

pam

well I may be wee bit bull headed maybe ;D ;)
William Butler Yeats

sixdogsmom

No wonder we get on so well!!  :-*
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk