School Changes

Started by Lookatmeknow!!, June 10, 2008, 12:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on November 06, 2009, 12:34:56 PM
Whew! Sure not a lover of mankind are you?
Ohh, Does the government require that now?
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Sarah

Quote from: srkruzich on November 06, 2009, 12:54:35 PM
Quote from: Diane Amberg on November 06, 2009, 12:34:56 PM
Whew! Sure not a lover of mankind are you?
Ohh, Does the government require that now?

We all know you love your goats and your dogs more than people.  hehe

srkruzich

well thats true! :P

flo

isn't this getting slightly off the subject?
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Lookatmeknow!!

Quote from: flo on November 06, 2009, 02:22:16 PM
isn't this getting slightly off the subject?

Yes, it is, but at least we are name calling and sorts!!! :-*
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

pepelect

Quote from: okiemon on November 06, 2009, 07:08:33 AM
ADP
there have been quite a few options posted in the 2 threads concerning this issue. They won't work, not feasible?
Almost two thirds of the voters say the bond issue won't work, is not feasible.

Lets find out why the bond didn't pass and revise it and try again.
I am a stick in the mud conservative and I don't like change. Some of my problems with the bond are
Why move the bus barn?
We will save 500k a year by closing 2 schools. How much of the 500k will go to repaying the bond?
Get the cost down to 2.5 or 3 million and I'd vote yes.
What are you talking about moving the bus barn?  We will still save 500k closing the two grade schools tomorrow.  The yearly payment of the bond can't be determined until the bond is passes.  The bond rate is not set until you actually sell the bonds.  The thing you just voted down was exactly what you just described.  The construction of the building was a maximum of 5.55million dollars.  Our current state waiting allows for the state to pay for 29-35% of capital improvements such as school construction.  Our local bond total would have been $3,385,50.  Deduct from that the $360,000 for the hardening of the Fema room.  That would be a total of $3,025,500.

What did you think you were voting on?

srkruzich

Quote from: ADP on November 06, 2009, 07:09:24 PM
Quote from: okiemon on November 06, 2009, 07:08:33 AM
ADP
there have been quite a few options posted in the 2 threads concerning this issue. They won't work, not feasible?
Almost two thirds of the voters say the bond issue won't work, is not feasible.

Lets find out why the bond didn't pass and revise it and try again.
I am a stick in the mud conservative and I don't like change. Some of my problems with the bond are
Why move the bus barn?
We will save 500k a year by closing 2 schools. How much of the 500k will go to repaying the bond?
Get the cost down to 2.5 or 3 million and I'd vote yes.
What are you talking about moving the bus barn?  We will still save 500k closing the two grade schools tomorrow.  The yearly payment of the bond can't be determined until the bond is passes.  The bond rate is not set until you actually sell the bonds.  The thing you just voted down was exactly what you just described.  The construction of the building was a maximum of 5.55million dollars.  Our current state waiting allows for the state to pay for 29-35% of capital imrovements such as school construction.  Our local bond total would have been $3,385,50.  Deduct from that the $360,000 for the hardening of the Fema room.  That would be a total of $3,025,500.

What did you think you were voting on?
Go back through the threads, and all you ever posted was 5.5 million dollar bonds.  I don't think you even said that your total would be 3,025,500, all that you ever posted was 5.5 mil or in the very least, you never made it a MAJOR POINT that it was only 3 million.

Also that flyer said 5.5 million not 3 million.  So all people had to go on is the 5.5 million figure.

sixdogsmom

With interest it would have been close to 8.3 million dollars out of taxpayers' pockets. There was never a guarantee that the state would come through with funds, or that Fema would come through with funds, or that the state would not integrate this district with another considering our falling enrollment. You can save 500 thousand by closing the elementary schools, but it will cost 650 thousand to implement portables at the WE site. That will take all of the reserves just to do something that nobody wants. (BTW, these numbers were from the super). I still think that closing one school, and using the highschool to house the fifth and sixth grade students will take care of the problem. We have three brick and mortar buildings that are PAID FOR, and none of them are being used to capacity.
Edie

Patriot

Quote from: sixdogsmom on November 06, 2009, 07:36:25 PM
With interest it would have been close to 8.3 million dollars out of taxpayers' pockets. There was never a guarantee that the state would come through with funds, or that Fema would come through with funds, or that the state would not integrate this district with another considering our falling enrollment. You can save 500 thousand by closing the elementary schools, but it will cost 650 thousand to implement portables at the WE site. That will take all of the reserves just to do something that nobody wants. (BTW, these numbers were from the super). I still think that closing one school, and using the highschool to house the fifth and sixth grade students will take care of the problem. We have three brick and mortar buildings that are PAID FOR, and none of them are being used to capacity.

Ya know.... that's probably one of the most cogent statements I've seen regarding 'what to do'.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

momof 2boys

How do you know if they are filled to capacity?  Have you been to the high school to see teachers cart their materials from one location to another?  Have you been to the grade schools to see the children crammed in the classroom?  Just curious.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk