School Changes

Started by Lookatmeknow!!, June 10, 2008, 12:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

no, Bert is single and has no children but has worked in the school systems for many many years, even before he became superintendent.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Catwoman

Bert Moore started as Special Ed. Director in 1992, the ascended to the additional role of Superintendent in later years.  He is active in educational politics in Topeka and enjoys making stained glass art.  He lives in Severy, KS.  Angie made some astute comments regarding the man earlier...a brave thing to do, given how much monitoring has been going on of this particular thread by those who have direct or indirect influence with/on the Board.  And, no, he has no children in this district.

flo

The VanderMeyden family moved to Severy when I was in School.  Bert is part of that family.

Lookatmeknow!!

Quote from: Catwoman on June 30, 2008, 01:05:46 PM
Bert Moore started as Special Ed. Director in 1992, the ascended to the additional role of Superintendent in later years.  He is active in educational politics in Topeka and enjoys making stained glass art.  He lives in Severy, KS.  Angie made some astute comments regarding the man earlier...a brave thing to do, given how much monitoring has been going on of this particular thread by those who have direct or indirect influence with/on the Board.  And, no, he has no children in this district.

I just state my opinion.  He does a wonderful job with the special education.  I do give him that.  Not that he is a terrible superintendent, he just isn't the man I thought he would be.  I like him, just some of his decisions are not always the best.  Could I do better, probably not, do I want to do his job, NO!!!!  Just my opinion!! :angel:
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Wilma

I didn't know he is connected to the VanderMeydens.  How so, Flo?

Catwoman

Bert was the man's son.  He lived with his father, when he moved back to Elk County, until his father's death.

flo

Whether or not he was legally adopted, I don't know, none of my business, but I believe Moore was his step-father's name.  He didn't move to Elk Co., he moved to Greenwood County and he lived with his mother on the farm north of Severy.  Then they bought the house in town where he now lives.  His father was a son of Dirk VanderMeyden

frawin

Flo, are you saying this man is actually a nephew of Dickie?  Wasn't Dickie a grade behind us?

flo

not positive, but think Dick was in Susie's class, which was 3 yrs. behind us.  Could be wrong.  Know Susie talks to him via e-mail.  Yes, Dick would be his uncle.  Course, Dick was the youngest and quite a bit younger, I'm thinking.  But he would still be mid 60's in age.

frawin

Dick was the only one I knew.  He was tall and thin.  Where does he live?  Haven't thought of him in years.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk