School Changes

Started by Lookatmeknow!!, June 10, 2008, 12:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

Got one more class for ya, PEP...

Applying for Scholarships 101

That's fine that we can teach them what we already know, but I think it's important for them to go out and realize that they can learn OTHER things, too.  Besides, I'd rather the future Dr. Perkins count the measuring tape twice before he cuts into me.

Catwoman

Has anyone checked out the open letter to the Editor in today's online Flint Hills Express?  Bert Moore has responded to everyone's concerns.  Where was Sally planning on teaching?  I hope it was Moline...because Bert has stated that the 3/4 class in Severy is open and they are vetting candidates for that position.  I hope that's not her position that is being discussed.

Diane Amberg

I thought she did say Severy...uh oh, I'm worried! ???

Dale Smith

Quote from: Yalls on July 24, 2008, 06:15:59 AM
Just wanted to give my update.  I have this T-shirt that reads "Put on your big girl panties and deal with it."  I live by that motto.  I realized that my choice was to teach or not to teach so I have committed myself to teaching the combined 3rd/4th grades at
Severy.  I am excited about the challenge and am looking forward to great year.  Thanks for the support of the forum.

On July 24th, she did say that she was committed to teaching the combined 3rd/4th grades at Severy.  I wonder what is up now?    :(  ???

sixdogsmom

I think this is the same letter that was in the paper last week, thus the confusion about Sally.
Edie

Diane Amberg

Good, I thought it was all settled.

Catwoman

I'm so glad to hear this...because the date on the entry was today.  Must be a reprint...thank goodness!

L Hendricks

Hey - we just heard the name of PEP's new course - MANUAL LABOR course... they actually had a manual labor building in the early 1900s.... and we wonder what went wrong....

pepelect

Applied work etiquette for beginners....

pepelect

I read in Rudy's rag that the school had a tornado readiness evaluation.  I that assessment available and I wonder how a cinderblock building would last compared to a concrete and steel structure that was abandoned years ago.   The tornado drill used to put  us wee ones in the locker rooms under the gym.   Is there a plan to remove the gym structure off the top of the concrete locker rooms to get the wee beasts back out?  I think the doors will be full of roofing material and air conditioners if it ever comes down.   Which it will it is the largest free standing structure in the county.   The sky lights will blow out and then one wall will give way crashing the roof to the ground.  Can we build a concrete tunnel from the locker rooms out to the football stadium.   It could serve two purposes one for emergency egress after a catastrophic event and the other a shortcut through the crowds to get to the concession stand/football field.

I never cared before but if my daughter is going to be there it better be done right.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk