School Changes

Started by Lookatmeknow!!, June 10, 2008, 12:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DolphinsLEM

I would go to the meeting tonight if I was there.  But I know of a few people that are going to try to get there.  Yes the board can make that decision and then change their minds.  They have heard some wonderful solutions and they can use one of those or not if they want to.

frawin

Patrick, you have the wisdom of your Grandfather, and apparently the same type of respect. Your Grandfather was one of the most honest and finest people I have ever known. I don't think I ever heard anyone say anything but good about him. He loved young people and I seem to recall that he was on the School Board as well. Maybe you should think about running for the School Board, it is a great way to give back to the community.  Patrick, the first time I met you you brought your bucket truck to Cresco Cemetery, met my brother and I  and put new rope on the Flag Pole so we could raise the flag for Memorial Day. Howard is fortunate to have so many good young people in the community. By the way, your Mother and Father are pretty neat people as well.
Frank Winn

Catwoman

Patrick, I second that motion for you to run for School Board member!  You would bring a wealth of common sense to that venerable institution!

Lookatmeknow!!

I do have to say, being on that board right now would be a tough call.  They have a long haul ahead of them.  I do think Patrick would be great.  I do have to say my two sense.  I think the board needed to be given the information and not asked to make such a hasty decision, (Pros and Cons).  WE does need a board that votes on their own and has a mind of their own.  Just because the super makes a recommendation, doesn't mean that everyone has to do what he or even what the principals want.  They could at any time go out on their own, and make other recommendations if needed.  In this case, I think they should have been brought the information with what Mr. Moore wanted to do, then have a special board meeting to discuss the options then voted.  If they would have went this route, I think more parents would have been more understanding.  We, I am speaking for alot of parents and teachers, were in the dark about all this.  Yes, we knew we have a declining enrollement.  But we also pay those salaries, too.  Not trying to be to harsh, just so in the air with what is going on with the schools.

I am going to try to be there tonight.  For a change, I will hire a babysitter so that I can go.  I think we need to be watching more often to see what is going on at the board meetings.  Am I wrong????
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Tobina+1

What time is the board meeting tonight?

Mom70x7

Board meets at 7:30 pm

Chelle

Good Morning!

Can anyone tell us what happened last night at the board meeting?  What did the board members decide to do? 

Rudy Taylor

Monday night's school board meeting in brief:

• Supt. Bert Moore resigned as superintendent and special ed administrator.
• The board heard from several teachers and school patrons regarding the proposed pilot project which would split Moline and Severy schools. They then voted to do the following:

• Leave both elementary schools in operation as K-5.
   • Sixth graders will attend the West Elk- Howard campus instead of Severy or Moline.
   • The third and fourth grade classes will be combined at each elementary school.
   • The board will explore allowing sixth graders to participate in junior high sports.

Voting for the proposal, which passed, were board members Walker, Wedman, Wolfe and Roebuck. Voting against it were Taliaferro, Smith and Russell.

We will have more information after I visit with the superintendent and board president today.

It truly is "a wonderful life."

DolphinsLEM

Preschool will also be at both Severy and Moline.

When does Bert's contract end?

Yeah our schools get to stay somewhat the same.    :)

heather_tyler_2014

huhhhhhhhhhh nononononono i spent so many years trying to be alone away from the kids below us lol just kidding  actouly im exited for our athletics nobody has a chace against us 6th 7th and 8th grader's in football or b-ball and that means we'll  have more people on our chearleading squad !!!:) and
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk