School Changes

Started by Lookatmeknow!!, June 10, 2008, 12:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Smith

Liz - I haven't been back in Elk County in 20 years... so if I am totally off-base here, I apologize.  I was "thinking" that you are the daughter of Barbara Perkins. 

Lookatmeknow!!

These are great ideas Liz.  I am like you about the teachers.  They always put them in a rock and hard place, though.  I think that they should be able to go to the meeting and voice their opinions, besides the kids and the parents it also affects them!!  Well, said Liz!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Teresa

Very good points Liz.. Now if they will just give you the floor time to voice them and I hope you "make them" answer to your questions because they are certainly valid enough.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

L Hendricks

Dale - Good memory.  Thanks Angie - I think most of them will be there, but few will speak their mind and I don't know that I blame them if I was dependent on it for my job. Teresa - I am not going with a prepared speech - but will go with an open mind.

Catwoman

You go, girl!  You always were a mover and a shaker in Elk County...as is evidenced by all of your admirers. :-)

Jo McDonald

Don't forget the woman that lived on the corner of Cherry and Washington --- I'm still a fan of yours, little girl.
   Hang tough, everyone, the board must reckon with the tax paying public.
        Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Lookatmeknow!!

Ok, Everyone! Tonight is the big Night-FINALLY!!!  I can't wait to here all the excuses just pouring out of their mouths up there on stage!!!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Diane Amberg

Having been on some committees dealing with such things, keep in mind that first meetings tend to degenerate into gripe sessions. (not that you don't have just cause.) Please have your concerns, questions and possible solutions written down right at hand and don't repeat yourselves. Good luck to you all!

frawin

Diane, I am really anxious to hear how that meeting goes. It will be tough for both sides. The School Board has a tough situation to deal with. Trying to keep the schools going for a declining enrollment. and keep the tax base with in reason as well. They are in kind of a loose-loose situation.
Frank

Diane Amberg

I too am extremely concerned. It's very sad.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk