From the Patroit Post: Village Idiots

Started by Warph, June 01, 2008, 02:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

THE VILLAGE IDIOTS:

Superman: "I'm a superdelegate, having been president before, and I think that a lot of us superdelegates will make a decision... quite rapidly, after the final primary on June 3. I think at that point it will be time for [Hillary] to give it up." —Jimmy Carter, who made his decision so rapidly after June 3rd that he made it before June 3rd

Super diplomat: "The United States must let Iran know that we want to give them fuel and everything they need for a non-military nuclear program. Twenty-five years ago we cut off trading with Iran. We've got to resume trading to show Iran we are friends." —Jimmy Carter, desperately seeking a friend

Endorsements you don't want: "[Barack Obama] is doubtless, from the social and human points of view, the most progressive candidate to the U.S. presidency. Were I to defend him, I would do his adversaries an enormous favor." —Cuban thug Fidel Castro

Blame America first: "We are living in an America that, in the last seven and a half years, has waged an unnecessary war, established prison camps, condoned torture, employed corporate armies, eliminated the right of habeas corpus, practiced extraordinary rendition, and believe me, this is only a partial list." —actress Jessica Lange

Nice try: "I am not happy about the ways the Chinese were treating the Tibetans because I don't think anyone should be unkind to anyone else... I had been this, you know, concerned about, oh how should we deal with the Olympics because they are not being nice to the Dalai Lama, who is a good friend of mine. And all these earthquake and stuff happened and I thought: IS THAT KARMA... when you are not nice that bad things happen to you?" —actress Sharon Stone
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk