? what is so hard

Started by heather_tyler_2014, May 29, 2008, 07:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heather_tyler_2014

what is the hardest thing you ever had to go through ? tell everybody about it

mine was going through my grandpa having cancer ? yours?
???
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

Diane Amberg

Hi, Heather. My hardest thing was having my mother have cancer. She lived with it for 22 years. She was sick, then better for awhile, then sick again, over and over, then she finally died. Thank you for sharing yours.

Lookatmeknow!!

I think I have about three times that really come to mind.  First, when my best friend was killed my junior year of high school.  It was so unbelievable.  Then my dad passed away when I was about 21.  And then my mother passed away 6 years ago.  They all meant so very much to me.  My dad never got to see his granddaughters and my mom only got to see Parker, I was plaining on getting married when we found out she had cancer and then we moved the date up to June.  She passed away in April or May of that year, I did get to tell her that she was going to be a grandmother again, though.  Those were really hard times.  I still have a rough time without my parents.  I just really get to missing them, and also think what they are missing out with their grandchildren.  With Robin, I think about what she would have been, where she would be, if she would have had kids.  But God had a plan for them all!!! :angel:
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

sixdogsmom

Losing my mother was the worst thing to happen to me. She had been my best friend all my life, although I was never a Mamas' girl. Coming on the heels of losing my sister and brother-in-law in a car accident in 1993, the sudden death of my father in 1996, the sudden death of my husband in 2000, my mothers' death was almost too much to bear in 2002. I still have trouble dealing with it. God bless.
Edie

Teresa

Quote from: sixdogsmom on May 30, 2008, 09:55:36 AM
Losing my mother was the worst thing to happen to me. She had been my best friend all my life, although I was never a Mamas' girl. Coming on the heels of losing my sister and brother-in-law in a car accident in 1993, the sudden death of my father in 1996, the sudden death of my husband in 2000, my mothers' death was almost too much to bear in 2002. I still have trouble dealing with it. God bless.

Wow.. what a load!  :'(
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

SDM, that is 'way more than your share of sadness.  I'm so sorry.  I hope you have had plenty of help and support when it creeps up on you. :-[ :-*

sixdogsmom

I have Ted, and my brother and of course all the dogs and cats. I have my church and community also. I am changed by it for sure, but they say that God never gives you more than you can bear. So far so good!
Edie

Judy Harder

For each one that was hard to live through, I managed to get through  it with God's help and may be even in a better frame of mind.

My worse was My son dying at 39 and just a month before we lost him, his  wife lost her battle with cancer, the day that I heard from the hospital about Bobby dying, my "Other-mother Gertrude Freeman" lost her battle with cancer,
The month after I  came home from settling my son's estate (.North Carolina), my best friend Margaret Persinger passed away due to cancer............
later that same year 2002 I was told I had cancer...........and my dog of 15 years had to be put down while I was in North Carolina and just before all of this we all lived through  9/11.

I am just so greatful that I had my faith to lean on.............I can't see how anyone without faith in something/someone can get through the struggles of this world..........ALONE.

God help us  all.

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

Whew! Some of you have really had some rough times and come through OK.  I've had a few hard times, but nothing like that. 

Devyn-Leann

Goodness, after reading all of your posts I feel truly blessed to have never endured such a thing. I still have both parents, and step-parents. My grandparents are all still alive. My step-grandmother, Margaret Lord, passed away when I was in junior high. It was very hard for me. I'd never lost anyone that close to me. She taught me EVERYTHING I know about sewing. She helped me make my first quilt, which is proudly displayed in my living room, and always helped me with my 4-H projects. She was a truly amazing lady. I still think of her everyday when I walk into my living room and see that beautiful quilt.

Another difficult part of my life was when my grandfather, Vernon Weakley, had a stroke. I was in grade school and was absolutely terrified. I didn't know what that meant or if he would ever be okay. He had to learn how to walk, talk and do everyday activities all over again. I know it was a very difficult time for my father also. My grandfather is one of the strongest people I know, and I look up to him greatly.

And, the last would be...Becoming pregnant in high school. I was constantly bombarded with thoughts of burdening my family, and was terrified that they were ashamed of me. I had teachers who thought I would never go anywhere. I was a statistic. Some looked for me to fail, and never even complete high school. I lost friends, who didn't know how to "act" with a pregnant friend. I was very depressed and sad most of the time. I was on strict bed rest 7 months out of my pregnancy, and alone everyday until 6 o'clock when Billy came home. People looked at our relationship and figured it wouldn't last. I tried to remain strong. It was truly the hardest thing I have endured so far. I had my wonderful son in February 2005, my senior year. I passed the school year with excellent grades. I took a year off after high school - of course. And am now pursuing a degree in nursing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk