Upholstery supplies? anyone?

Started by Joanna, May 29, 2008, 06:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

According to whitepages.com, Melba Fechter's phone number is:  (620) 678-3377.

You might give her a call and make sure if she could help you out before making a special trip. 

Joanna

Thanks patyrn, I'll definitely do that the next time I'm headed to Eureka (or Hamilton ;D)

Tobina+1

Joanna; sorry, I got excited about my little joke with Jo-Ann's and your name and ended up misspelling it!

I'm kind of a crafty junkie (crafty as in creative, not witchy).  I can spend hours in all of those stores!  Especially before we moved into our new house... I spent a lot of time finding the perfect fabric and patterns for curtains, etc.  The best Jo-Ann's store is in Overland Park (KC); they have a couple of HUGE stores there.  The 2 in Wichita are so-so, as is the one in Joplin (compared to OP's), but they do have some good selections.  HL's have good notions, but kind of hit-and-miss on the fabric sections.  Hancock sometimes has some cool, funky fabric as well as good notions.  

Jo McDonald

Have you tried Needle in a Haystack -- or the other quilting place in Severy?  They surely would have a place to order from for you, wouldn't they?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Tobina+1

Itchin' to Stitch.  That's the place in Severy.  Good idea, Jo!

Joanna

Well, I called each of them and they said they don't do upholstery things.  I know they have wonderful quilting supplies though... but I'm not a quilter, at least not yet.  Maybe that can be my next all-consuming hobby.  My husband is probably cringing right now!

flo

dumb me for not giving you Melba's phone number.  I do have a GW Co. book, as I'm sure you have.  Guess I just figured you growing up in Eureka, you knew Melba.  What I get for thinking.  Usually gets me in trouble.  :-\ now I'm gonna go finish my lawn.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Jane

Joanna,
You might talk to Gleneva Winn. She has done some chairs and things in the past and might be able to help you.
Jane

indygal

Hey Joanna,

I recovered some chairs way back when in Indiana and bought all my supplies at Hancock's there. Whether or not they carry the same stuff here, can't say. Also, since no one mentioned the Needle in a Haystack place on 400, I'm guessing they don't stock this kind of thing.

And I sure can imagine shopping with DIL is WAY more fun than shopping with your menfolk! LOL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk