Barack Hussein Obama -- Muslim apostate?... or just 'Little Black Sambo'

Started by Warph, May 20, 2008, 03:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonnie M.

Wilma, we attend and are members of the Emmanuel Faith Community Church, here in Escondido.  (www.efcc.org.)
And, prior to moving out here, we were members of and attended the Methodist Church, in Longton.  And, I'm in agreement with you regarding Pastor Robin, and the Flinthills Assembly Church, in Howard.  Robin was involved with the Methodist church in Longton for quite some time, and he was a great Sunday School Class Teacher. 
Bonnie

Teresa

Robin is a good person clear through. He is funny and gentle and kind.
If anyone doesn't smile after being around him, then they can't smile at all.  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Catwoman

OK...here goes...I'm going to get some knee-jerk reactions from some, I guess...but anyway:

The differences in religious heirarchy are the same as the difference between teachers and educators...teachers show up, put in their time and draw their pay.  Educators are those who are compelled to teach...it is a vocation, not just a job.  Educators are mentors...those who guide souls just a little further down the road to fulfilling their ultimate destinies...and quite often do their jobs for free (how many have you known that have helped out a neighbor kid on a weekday evening...or stayed after hours to tutor a kid...or volunteered their time on a weekend...how many degreed professionals would agree to donate their hours without any request for payment?  I can only think of one that I knew...and that's Julie Perkins...a true Elk County gem).  Just so, there are those ministers, preachers, priests or pastors who are not true men/women of God...they preach whatever propoganda is necessary to maintain the business that is their church.  The difference here is that there are true men and women of God, who are called to and compelled to minister to their all-too-human flocks...and Robin is a true man of God.  I have always stood in awe of his ability to deal with the common man and make that common man feel uncommonly good by the time he's done.

And, that brings us to BHO, the focus of so much consternation.  The differences that we are arguing about in BHO are critical differences.  Whether or not you're a fan of him, you cannot escape noticing that there are some real inconsistencies.  And, the prior article by that Burki woman wrote was pointing out, from a Muslim viewpoint, how BHO will be perceived.  There are some that have viewed looking critically (meaning that you are looking at every aspect, not meaning that you are trying to be mean to the poor man) at BHO to be a personal attack on their person.  However, isn't the ability to critique the candidates exactly what our forefathers were fighting for, at least in part?????  The intellectual exchange of ideas as mature adults, in a dispationate manner, should be our focus when we're discussing politics.  And, yes, there are inconsistencies on the part of ALL the candidates...you just have to decide which one is going to have the least catastrophic impact on you and your descendents' way of life here the US...and that means taking into considerations the characterists that each party has historically always shown...like raising or lowering taxes, for example.

And this is where I point out that BHO has the same ability to make the common man feel uncommonly good as Robin does...the difference is that Robin takes his job as a ministering angel to the people deadly seriously, with very little thought as to how the acts he commits are going to pay off in the long run for him personally...Although I truly believe BHO to be a good man, I also believe that he is in this thing very much so for his own gain.  Therein lies the problem...how much am I going to be charged through taxes and how drastically is my life going to be impacted just so that he gets his dream for himself?  Will it impede my ability to realize MY American dream?

Just a few thoughts...let the screaming begin.

Teresa

Catwoman... did you mean to say Julie?

or Kate Perkins. (Gene Perkins wife)

Kate is the teacher at Severy and let me tell you .. she is a gem among gems. Salt of the earth.. angel w/o wings... I could go on and on about her. And it would ALL be good.
She has helped more kids on HER time than anyone knows.
She was Derek's salvation in 6th grade.
God Bless Her.

Catwoman

Yup, I meant to say Julie...there was many a time when I lived there that I witnessed her going out of her way to help others, even on a weekend when someone needed something badly.  I have always had respect for her determination that Elk County should flourish.  And yes, Kate Perkins (who now has her doctorate, I have heard...is this true?  If so, YOU GO GIRL!!!!!) is a fantastically unique individual.  I know one of her sons...and I can tell you from personal experience that Kate Perkins is one of the most understated, true gentlewomen that I have ever met.  She is a totally authentic person...no shilly-shallying for her!  She's a completely straight arrow.  I always enjoyed each of the conversations that we had.

Teresa

Wilma

How about Susie Perkins.  I credit her with keeping my granddaughter in school and getting her graduated.  She has always been one of the people that I respect for her committment to others.

Catwoman

Ya know, I think we need to start a new thread...one dedicated to extolling the virtues of some of the unsung heros in Elk County...look back on the Coffee Shop to see it and contribute!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk