Clipping Coupons

Started by Devyn-Leann, May 15, 2008, 09:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devyn-Leann

I saw this on the 10 o'clock news last night and thought it was very informative. I have been clipping coupons from the Sunday paper since Lane was first born and never was aware that they were available online!  Here's the story KAKE 10 did, along with websites for coupons.

With grocery prices going through the roof, people are trying to find ways to save. A recent study found that two-thirds of shoppers are planning to use more coupons to cut down on their supermarket costs.
But "clipping" coupons is now becoming a thing of the past. There's a new way to find coupons right at your fingertips. The Internet is now the bargain shoppers best friend. Especially for those who think all that clipping is a hassle.
"I've never been one to clip coupons," says shopper Gina Litton. "Even though I get them in the mail, I never take the time to do it."
Instead of snipping, Litton and many others say they will start clicking to find savings. There are now plenty of Internet sites to choose from. You can find a coupon for ten percent off at Target. Deep discounts with 1-800-Flowers. There are countless other deals on your favorite products.
Even Dillons is now jumping on the online coupon bandwagon. On shortcuts.com you can sign up and download coupons right to your Dillons loyalty card. Instead of bringing them to the store, you just swipe your card for the savings. The program started two months ago.
"Our online coupons keep on growing with customers just because it's so easy and it's a convenient way for extra savings," says Dillon's spokesperson Sheila Lowry.
While the number of people actually using paper coupons at checkout time has dropped over the past decade, 58% of consumers say they would use coupons more if they could download them from a computer. For 18-to-34 year olds, 77% say they are more likely to use paperless coupons.
The online coupon not only makes it easier for consumers, but it also saves businesses big bucks.
"In the past, businesses have always had to print coupons and put them in the newspapers and magazines and send them out direct mail," says marketing expert Cindy Claycomb. "That's a pretty expensive proposition these days."
While the Internet may seem like an obvious place to find deals, many stores are just starting to post these savings online and many customers we talked with don't even know they are there.
With the cost of everything, including groceries, going up it's now easy to save all those dollars and cents just by logging on.
Below, we've listed a few Internet sites you can check out for money-saving online deals.

Related Links
Couponbug.com
Brad's Deals - bradsdeals.com
eSavers - esavers.com
Shortcuts - shortcuts.com

Diane Amberg

This does work very well, but I've found a few stores that won't accept on line coupons. I don't mind cutting ,especially now that they tend to be all in one place rather than scattered through the paper. I hated cutting up a paper to get the coupons only to find I had cut up an article I wanted to keep.

tessa&lyle

Lyle and I's best friends David and Sarah Griesel do this....Sarah is a coupon freak....we went out their to their new home on Tuesday evening and she had coupons all over the living room floor....Sarah sells majority of her coupons on Ebay....Just thought I would pass that one along.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk