Motels Hotels ?

Started by Lyle, May 14, 2008, 03:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyle

I"m trying to find info on motels in the Howard and Severy area. We are comming back to Severy Labor Day Weekend, for The Signer
Family Reunion . Would like to stay in the local area. Mom Mary said there are 2 motels in Eureka but does'nt know much about they.
I would like any help I could.

Lyle Signer

greatguns

I believe the motels in Eureka would be good enough for a Signer. ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

sixdogsmom

There is a motel in Longton as well as Crooked Creek Lodge in Moline.
Edie

W. Gray

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

W. Gray

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

Thanks W. You just helped me too! :laugh:

W. Gray

You are welcome.

I have had most of those lodging names handy the past several years to put into Miller-Hull-Dorsey family reunion each May at the Cox building.

I wonder if folks remember the motel in Moline that was at the intersection of US 160 and K-99. It seemed to have degenerated rather quickly after opening and after it closed just sat there for a few years before someone tore it down. I think it was called the Cattlemen's Motel.

sixdogsmom

The Cattlemans' burned as the result of lightening. We stayed at that motel one night in the 1970s. We had our little poodle with us, and those folks caroused all night long. The poodle barked all night long. Not much sleep that night. That was many years before becoming a resident of Elk County. We used to come here to fish at Polk Daniels lake. The kids loved all the bluegill, and it was a perfect place to bring them.
Edie

Lyle

Thanks for the info I will try them

lyle

Tobina+1

Don't forget there are also people who have rooms and homes to rent, and do that on a nightly basis, too.  I believe there is a posting on the "For Sale" section that advertises a room for rent.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk