What Are You Singing Today?

Started by Wilma, May 13, 2008, 10:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

NOTHING can beat good ole southern, or otherwise, gospel music.  I have always been a big fan of harmony singing.  Last Sat. after our "class reunion" meeting, my long time best friend and her guy stayed for a "jam session".  I no longer have my strong alto voice (it's bass now) but I cut loose on the piano, Ron on his guitar and he and Cora Sue singing.   Course, we did a lot of gospel and a lot of some country oldies.  Neither of us had any music.  It was all by ear, cause one or the other of us knew the song and the others just picked it up as we went along.  Lot of the ones I knew and played, Ron played in another key so I had to transpose as we went along.  What fun, what fun.  We plan to do a lot more of that.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Bonnie M.

That sure sounds like fun to me!  I LOVE sessons like that, they just don't come around often enough!
Bonnie

Bonnie M.

Even though you probably don't know the person sitting next to you, there is a quiet kinship.

We sure know this to be true!  It sounds like we could get  some pretty good Southern Gospel Music going, if we could only all be at the same place at the same time, and had Flo with us to play by ear, and of course, anyone else who could and wanted to accompany the group!  How much fun is that?
Bonnie

DolphinsLEM

Well the kids at Severy Elementary sang lots of songs tonight, it was the spring music program.  The children did really well.  The preschoolers sang 4 songs; The Parts of a Plant song, Alphardy, Tooty Ta, and Who Let the Letters Out?.  They were dressed up like dogs to go with the song Who Let the Letters Out?  I had all 13 of my students come and they were WONDERFUL!!!!   YEAH PRESCHOOLERS! 

All the other children did a great job too!  Good job Severy!  :D

sixdogsmom

It is so much fun to watch the gradeschool kids presenting a program. I always enjoyed watching them!
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk