What Are You Singing Today?

Started by Wilma, May 13, 2008, 10:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonnie M.

Dale, I do remember Johnny Cook.

We just finished watching the Dottie Rambo Video, wow!  We hadn't watched it for awhile.  It is so great.  If you ever wanted a good video, order it!  It's "Dottie Rambo With the Homecoming Friends."  All of the songs on the Video were written by Dottie. 

We've attended lots and lots of Gospel Music concerts.  When they first started having the "Alfred E. Brumley" Sunset to Sunrise (all night) singings in Springdale, Arkansas, we attended, with Everett & Ardis Moore, and attended each year, until we moved out here.  We've attended several of the Gaither Homecoming Group concerts out here, the latest was a year ago.  The Cathedrals performed each year at a large Church in El Cajon, and we always attended.  Then, when they disbanded, the two youngest members of The Cathedrals formed "The Legacy Five," and we go down to Shadow Mountain (El Cajon) to watch them about every year.  So, we DO love the good old Gospel Music!

And, I'm sorry, Wilma, if we got off of the subject about "What are you Singing Today!"
Bonnie

frawin

Bonnie, I haven't had time to check the forum until now.  I am sorry to learn about Dottie Rambo.  I have several gospel music books and love to play from them.  Do you remember Roy & Earl that used to be on Pittsburg Radio Station?  I have one of their books that was a gift from one of my aunts.  It has shaped notes, and lots of good ole gospel music.  Right now, one of my favorite CD's is Alan Jackson's gospel CD.  I love the song "I want to Stroll over Heaven with you".  There are many more songs that come to mind  "I saw  man" , "Because He Lived".
Myrna

Wilma

That's all right, Bonnie.  You all seem to enjoy remembering the music you love and I love hearing about it.

Bonnie M.

Oh, yes, I remember "Roy & Earl!"  And, I also really like the Alan Jackson Gospel CD.

Glad you made it home safe and sound.

Bonnie

Roma Jean Turner

I remember then, also Virgil.  There was a woman that played piano, can't remember her name.  All the neighbors would get together at different houses and sit around the TV to watch those shows.  Wrestling too....remember Wild Red Berry.

Bonnie M.

I had an uncle (John Davidson) who was really "into" watching wrestling, but we weren't.
Bonnie

frawin

Do you remember A. J. Cripe on Pittsburg radio for Town Talk Bread.  It was a kids program on Saturday A.M.  He would sing Today is the day the Teddy Bears have their picnic and others.

Also do you remember High Dollar Joe in Joplin, Mo advertising cars?

Myrna

Bonnie M.

Myrna, I remember "High Dollar Joe."  And, there was a couple who advertised for a furniture store in Caney, I think it was, Helen and somone, they always caught my attention!

And, Wilma, today I'm singing "His Eye Is On The Sparrow!"  Don't know why, it just keeps coming to my mind!
Bonnie

patyrn

Happy Jack & Helen were from the Caney area, I think.  They eventually moved their furniture store to Bartlesville.

Rudy Taylor

Jack died several years ago and Helen kept running the store with her son until it was bought by Westco.  I still see Helen occasionally when we eat in Bartlesville.

I personally love gospel music.  We haven't missed a Gaither homecoming years (in Tulsa) but we did skip last week's concert because it was our granddaughter's first birthday and we attended her party.

All five of us in the Taylor play the piano, and I've done lots of singing.  Our daughter who manages the Flint Hills Express is an accomplished pianist. She and her husband, Landon, both are members of the praise team at the Tyro Christian Church.

I think the greatest thing about attending a Gaither homecoming event is experiencing the merger of souls and voices in Maybee Center (Tulsa). Even though you probably don't know the person sitting next to you, there is a quiet kinship.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk