Wind Farms or Coal Mines

Started by Judy Harder, May 13, 2008, 06:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Well I'll be jiggered! (A term an old 89 yr old neighbor in Cedar Vale use to use :D )
I have learned more in the last week about "stuff". We shore have some smart people in this here ole' forum..  ;)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

pepelect

If coal fired plants are so bad for Kansas air quality then why do we have any?  Jefferey Energy Center, etc.

If wind power is so good then why doesn't the state pony up some incentive to build them?  Why can't we drill for coal bed methane pump it into underground storage with wind power and use it to heat the whole state.  IF T.BOne Pickyour nose gets our new gas stations built we can buy Kansas gas.  Don't we ship most of our gas to KC, Chicago, and beyond now?   Why can't we bring in a small consumer of nat gas to EK.   We would have to get the gas from Moline cause our gas in Howard is very high.   Efficiencies of scale I am told.  Larger company with more over head and liability can produce gas at a cheaper rate than smaller inefficient one. 

Diane Amberg

archeobabe

Excuse me for being uninformed but what is "shanks mare"?

W. Gray

I always called it shanks pony but it is walking.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

We call it shanks' mare too...your shanks (legs)  are your mare (or pony).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk