Those Lesbians

Started by W. Gray, May 02, 2008, 04:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

You probably heard it here first...

The Aegean Sea lies between Greece and Turkey.

Did you know there is an island in the Aegean Sea called Lesbos?

Lesbos covers an area of 630 square miles (about the size of Elk County). There are seventeen towns on the island and every one of the 90,000 island residents is a Lesbian.

The above statement is true even though there are both men and women living on the island.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Mom70x7

And there is a lawsuit:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7376919.stm

Basically:

Three citizens of the Greek Island of Lesbos are pursuing a lawsuit against the Greek Gay and Lesbian Union (GGLU) for its use of the term "lesbian".

Lesbos local Dimitris Lambrou argues that his fellow citizens have suffered "psychological and moral rape" due to the homosexual advocacy group's linguistic theft of their island's name.

"Our geographical designation has been usurped by certain ladies who have no connection whatsoever with Lesbos," said Lambrou. "My sister can't say she is a Lesbian."

Teresa

Good lord!
Get a life people.. ::)
NOBODY CARES!
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

pam

Lol, I heard about this on the news, cracked me up.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk