Back From Oklahoma

Started by Teresa, April 21, 2008, 11:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Thank you  :)
Under all that dress was a corset.... Bloomers...3 different petticoats, and a  4 wire hoop skirt.
Imagine what I looked like as we drove the 20 minutes down the interstate to the Banquet. LOL
I had dress clear up past the windows on both sides of me.. and all I kept telling Kjell was.
"You have GOT to drive a bit faster.. I can not move and I can't breathe!"  How those ladies ever rode in buggys over bumpy roads in the hot outdoors in all of that garb is beyond me.  :D 
But it was fun, and there were many many pretty dresses there. The ones that sew themselves have some cool stuff.
Carol Nigh makes most of all my clothes, that one included.

Quote from: frawin on April 22, 2008, 07:19:26 AM
Teresa, it is easy to pick you out in the pictures, you are a combination of your Mother and your Father.
Frank

I'm glad that is the case Frank.. LOL   My mom would have a lot of explaining to do if I didn't..  ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

pam

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Bonnie M.

Teresa, these are great pictures!  Before you posted that Carol Nigh made your beautiful dress, I was about ready to ask you, if you'd made that for yourself.  Pretty, pretty!  Will you ever get to wear it again?  Thanks for sharing.  You and Kjell surely took the prize for being the best dressed, best looking couple there!
Bonnie

Teresa

Actually I have worn it.. but no one knew it..
Carol added and took away and ...tadaaaa... I had an old dress that looked new.
That woman is the most talented person int eh world with a needle and thread.
I would be cowboy clothes-less without her.  :D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

some great pictures and some great clean fun.  I particularly liked the "Texas Governor's Mansion" complete with "indoor plumbing" and satallite TV. ;D  Your Saturday nite dress is very pretty, and just how long did it take you to get all that garb on?  As for the ladies of yesterday, there was more room in the open wagon than there is in today's vehicles.  Thanks for sharing a bit of your "work" with us.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Jo McDonald

Since I can't get on the wiFi today at home - I am sooo glad to be working and have access to the forum.
WOW WOW OH WOW  what great pictures.  You two are definitely the "best of the best  -- now please folks, don't think I am one tiny bit partial.  really -- those pics are wonderful and we are happy you shared.
  And YES my best friend is truly "The Queen of the Needle".  Your attire was beautiful.    And what a handsome husband you have !!
Okay  --- nuff of this stuff  lol

Glad you didn't cover up ALL OF THE VIEWING AREA of the vehicle, so Kjell could get you to your destination safely.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Tobina+1

Was that a genuine Aquafina bottle in that picture, or a reproduction from that era?   ;)
What great pictures and fun clothes!  No wonder you were excited to wear your dress! 

Diane Amberg

Well shucks, y'all shore musta had a hoot of a good time....I'd love to do that. My great aunt lived in Edmond for many years so I sort of know where you were.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk