Movie Theater, Moline

Started by W. Gray, April 19, 2008, 09:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Mom70x7

Sure seems there must be some stories in there!  ???  :D  :angel:?

W. Gray

Some of the Howard theater seats, still connected, went to Waldo's Barber Shop for customers and visitors.

There were also two first class air line seats for customer also.

A month ago, I could see the air line seats inside as they were tearing the premises up for Julie's expansion.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

flo

Quote from: Mom70x7 on May 14, 2008, 11:24:08 PM
Sure seems there must be some stories in there!  ???  :D  :angel:?

Could be,  :-X but I'm not talkin  :angel:
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Ole Granny

"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

pam

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Diane Amberg

Was there some smoochin' goin' on?

LisaT

Quote from: sixdogsmom on May 14, 2008, 06:56:58 PM
They used to have a town celebration called the Kaffir Korn Karnival. That is probably Kaffir Corn. Now our celebration is called Crazy Days and is held toward the end of June. It is a weekend party starting with a free bean feed in the park that is followed by a baked goods auction. If you want to see what a $100.00 pie looks like stay for the fun. The moneys raised are used for town improvements such as park facilities. Hope this is right, if incorrect jump right in there and let us know.
Actually a certain coconut creme pie usually goes for around $900 and a couple 2 or 3 years ago it went for $1200.00. The same fella always buys it.
I have more pictures of the Korn Karnival time period if anyone wants me to put them up.

Marcia Moore

Yes, please do.  I would like to see them.

Ole Granny

Me, too.  I use to decorate my bike for the parade.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk