CHINA? IRAQ?

Started by Wilma, April 08, 2008, 09:59:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I am confused.  What is the difference between what Iraq was doing  and what China is doing?  Why are there protests against the war in Iraq that is freeing the Iraqi people from oppression and now there are protests against China because of the way they are treating the Tibetans?  Are we supposed to go in and push China out of Tibet and help them back on their feet or are we supposed to just forget the Iraqis and let them slide back to where they were?  What does the world want us to do?

flo

good point, Wilma, and a good place for my 2 cents worth.  People in Iraq and other countries like them have been fighting since the beginning of time about one thing or another.  It is their way of life.  Granted, Saddam needed to be dealth with and that has been done.  As far as showing them how to live in a democracy, I don't think that will ever happen.  What would they do with their spare time? We, as Americans, are appalled by their way of life and their non-regard for life, but as I said, that is their way of life.  I feel we could stay there from now till the second coming of our Lord and nothing will change.  Perhaps China and Tibet WANT us to get out of Iraq and come give them some of our money.  Who knows.  I would like to see peace world-wide, but don't think it will ever happen in my life-time.  Many will not agree with my thinking, but THIS IS AMERICA and we're all entitled to our opinion.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

You are darned right we are entitled to our opinions, but you and I don't go around forcing it on other people.  And that is as profane as I get in public.  What I say in private might be entirely different but no one will ever hear it.

sixdogsmom

What? Tibet has oil??  ;D ;D
Edie

flo

MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

pam

Tibet has really always been part of China, one of it's territories. Whether or not it was ever a seperate country is so far back in history you can't tell. In the 19th century Britian tried to set up the Dalai Lama at that time as the ruler so they could clain Tibet as a colony kinda like they did India. It's just been kinda back and forth since then. It's really more of a religious difference now, China oppresses the Buddhists in Tibet and they want their Dalai Lama back, which you really can't blame em for that. It's just same story different country like a hundred others in the world. So don't really think we can do anything if we wanted to. Don't think we really want to take on China at this point in time, I sure don't even tho my sympathies are with the Dalai Lama.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Diane Amberg

It's easy to make an impression on China. We stop buying the poor quality junk China has been sending over here for the last several years. Stop sending them our agricultural products. And it's not oil we went from Tibet, it's that delicious Yak milk.  ;D

sixdogsmom

And it's not oil we went from Tibet, it's that delicious Yak milk.  ;D
[/quote]

Oh Diane!! YAK! YAK!  ;D ;D ;D
Edie

frawin

Diane, I wish it were that simple, but there hardly anything left that is manufactured in the USA. 
mlw

Diane Amberg

Now that the value of the dollar is so low, perhaps we can start manufacturing more things here again. Trade agreements can be changed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk